Pics just installed spyder oem fog lights on lx coupe

If the coupe ones have a small gap, might I suggest using 3M tape along the inside of the painted cover. This will fill the gap, keep things tight and ensure that you have no noticeable gap.

Did anyone else notice that the L and R (left and right) letters were put on the wrong lights? Maybe only the sedan lights. ?
Seems the Chinese may need to work a little bit on their English. They got the "Top" word in the correct place though.

Attachments

• fog-lights-installation-instructions.pdf
    922.7 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
I think the problem might be that I have fuse tapped into #12 in the engine bay fuse box. This is for fog lights, but in the DIY video I saw, the guy was suggesting it. Should be tapped into the ignition wire. ???

Ya, it's a good idea. You could also try cardboard. The button will slide easier. Carefully push tiny pieces of cardboard into the gaps. Hopefully it will get stuck and the button will still move. IDK, Like I said before. The little bit of light doesn't bother me at all. I don't even see it unless I stare at it. Haha

The look of my fogs.
Nobody noticed the gaps just looking at it, but it will forever bother me until I fix it some how lol

And yes @Pauly99to17 it's a very particular angle for that light gap for my car as well

Photo 2014-06-14, 3 05 43 PM.jpg Photo 2014-06-14, 3 06 13 PM.jpg

Had a problem with the button. First light in button didn't work, then I had some functionality problems with the fogs going on and off. Called CARid. They told me warranty is finished and there is no way to get a button without buying another kit. He then went on to say that I got my monies worth. The fog kit was not expensive, but he laughed when I said I expected the kit to last longer than 3 years.

Buyer beware with this Chinese fog kit.

Wow that's messed up customer service. What's your plan now?

Wow that's messed up customer service. What's your plan now?
Agreed! Terrible service. I understand that the warranty is expired (I bought them in April 2013) and have had them for 2 and a half years. I also knew that they were Chinese and not OEM quality, but for a customer service rep to tell you, "There is nothing we can do for you unless you buy the whole kit again. Oh well, they weren't expensive, at least you got your monies worth." I then explained that I was hoping they would last at least 10 years. He laughed at this expectation. I guess this gives us some insight into how many problems CARid must have with many of the products they sell.

I'm not sure at this moment what. I'm going to do. I have 2 options. Buy an OEM switch or get another kit. The OEM button might not have the same wire/pin line up so might be a hassle to figure out. If I knew it was a straight trade I'd probably go this route. Maybe CARid will give a small discount for my troubles if I decide to buy another kit. ?

First, I'm going to try to contact Spyder Auto to see if I can get a replacement button off of them.

Agreed! Terrible service. I understand that the warranty is expired (I bought them in April 2013) and have had them for 2 and a half years. I also knew that they were Chinese and not OEM quality, but for a customer service rep to tell you, "There is nothing we can do for you unless you buy the whole kit again. Oh well, they weren't expensive, at least you got your monies worth." I then explained that I was hoping they would last at least 10 years. He laughed at this expectation. I guess this gives us some insight into how many problems CARid must have with many of the products they sell.

I'm not sure at this moment what. I'm going to do. I have 2 options. Buy an OEM switch or get another kit. The OEM button might not have the same wire/pin line up so might be a hassle to figure out. If I knew it was a straight trade I'd probably go this route. Maybe CARid will give a small discount for my troubles if I decide to buy another kit. ?

First, I'm going to try to contact Spyder Auto to see if I can get a replacement button off of them.
could you use the honda "magic switch" & wire it to that? Seems like it'd be simple enough to do.

Back