ej8 said "the rev hang is gone" here. Not sure if you thought that was on the hondata site?

Well, isn't this interesting... I can no longer find those words "completely eliminates" that I saw so clearly last night.

I've never seen that wording in any of their 2012 FlashPro advertisements...

Besides your reference, Vit, the only other reference is here: http://www.hondata.com/reflash_civicsi_2012.html

a remark which leaves considerably more wiggle room than "completely eliminates".

That's the reflash -- which is what we refer to as a "one size fits all" OTS (off the shelf) map, which might as well be treated as a slightly better basemap. We had that on the 8th gen's as well... never came with FlashPro either when FlashPro came out. I've tuned people moving from reflash to actual FlashPro (8th gen) -- way better results.

I am in the middle of tuning with Vit and I can tell you that the rev-hang/throttle response is vastly improved. Now keep in mind that was the 1st calibration he sent me to try and that has not been the focus at all for any of the subsequent calibrations. I am a complete newbie to tuning, but I do enjoy looking at the differences in the datalogs between calibrations and the differences that are immediately easy to see are the AFR levels and how they are leveling out with each new calibration (specifically WOT datalogs). Not sure about others, but mine ran quite rich in the upper RPM range before the tuning started.

I know there may not be a comparison, but my car dynoed on a dyno dynamics at ~152hp/133tq completely stock. I now have injen CAI and RV6 catted downpipe and the last edyno Vit ran was ~200hp/169tq. I am not sure what the adjustment factor is between dyno dymanics and edyno is, but I can tell you it has plenty more get up and go.

My goal when I started the tuning with Vit was 3 things:
1) Make the car work better with the bolt-ons I have (unleash the beast!).
2) Make the car use the fuel better as I knew from the dyno pulls when doing testing with RV6 that the car ran rich at the top end (potential gas savings).
3) Make the car run better in hopes to have it last longer.

Hello all, I browse here but mostly post on 9thgen under the same user name. I also post on 8thcivic and civicforums. I've had a 7th, 8th and now 9th gen. This is my first Si though. I got the Flashpro on release day and was also dissapointed that we had no base maps to start out with. The "stock equivalent" map btw is not the same as the reflash from Hondata, it doesn't really fix or improve anything, it just adds the addition of hondata's calibration tools into the software. So basically if you want anything out of the Flashpro at this point you are forced to get a tune. I had the OEM Honda ECU update and it got less rev-hang than the "stock equivalent."

That said, I got an e-tune from Vit since I wasn't going to just put this thing in the closet. It was a tedios process I will admit and requires a bit of time and patience. However, he worked with me 100% and responded to every email VERY fast, we even data logged and re-calibrated till 11pm one night and I was the one to call it quits not him. But this story isn't to just credit him as a good tuner, it's to tell you how much of a difference the tune made for me.

To say the difference was night and day would be pretty accurate. My only mods are an ART SRI and P2R TBS. With the etune, throttle response improved a crazy amount, however good you think it is now you just don't know. Gas mpg went up though I can't say exactly how much, I would put it around 2mpg for the same drive I have been doing and calculating daily by hand, not by just the iMid. Power is way up, the best way I can put it is that it felt like the car woke up, found its potential, came alive. On the same stretch of road I wen't from 181hp on the e-dyno to my highest 215hp. Thats not to say the number is completely accurate and I'm making 215hp, but does show the difference in power the tune made for me. Rev-hang is gone btw, not improved but gone. I get a little upward blip in rpm between shifts with zero hang. The wife commented how amazingly smooth it is now going between gears.

Basically, if your going to buy a Flashpro make sure you add the cost of a tune to it, because without one you are getting nothing. Even if there were base maps they aren't going to do much for you or come close to a quality tune. Also, at $150 Vit is giving you a steal. I had no idea how much work goes into making a tune and this man worked like a beast! I don't feel like I would have gotten anything better by spending $400 at a dyno shop except that it would have been faster and I could have just sat there without driving around datalogging. But you have to determin if that is worth the $250 or more difference. Not to mention if you add a mod, an etuner can give you a quick map update for it at a small fee vs having to go back to the dyno shop and spend way more.

Hope this helps you all out there.

Like Batman said, Vit has outlasted me some nights when I was datalogging with him and then I would see another calibration at 2am. Vit is a machine.

I just hope you are still in the tuning game in a couple years when I end up supercharging the car. :thumbsup:

I am in the middle of tuning with Vit and I can tell you that the rev-hang/throttle response is vastly improved. Now keep in mind that was the 1st calibration he sent me to try and that has not been the focus at all for any of the subsequent calibrations. I am a complete newbie to tuning, but I do enjoy looking at the differences in the datalogs between calibrations and the differences that are immediately easy to see are the AFR levels and how they are leveling out with each new calibration (specifically WOT datalogs). Not sure about others, but mine ran quite rich in the upper RPM range before the tuning started.

I know there may not be a comparison, but my car dynoed on a dyno dynamics at ~152hp/133tq completely stock. I now have injen CAI and RV6 catted downpipe and the last edyno Vit ran was ~200hp/169tq. I am not sure what the adjustment factor is between dyno dymanics and edyno is, but I can tell you it has plenty more get up and go.

My goal when I started the tuning with Vit was 3 things:
1) Make the car work better with the bolt-ons I have (unleash the beast!).
2) Make the car use the fuel better as I knew from the dyno pulls when doing testing with RV6 that the car ran rich at the top end (potential gas savings).
3) Make the car run better in hopes to have it last longer.

^ Thanks for the review!

BTW, for anyone considering FlashPro -- I'm still selling the combo FlashPro + Tune deal for $750. I've priced it that low so there is no excuse to NOT get a tune with your FlashPro.
Whats the tune deal?

He is an owner of a 2012 Si that was tuned...

It's a FlashPro + eTune combo deal, for $750 you get a 2012 Si FlashPro AND an eTune from me.
E-tune as in? Base map or actual tune with data logging? And does the flash pro have a warranty

He is an owner of a 2012 Si that was tuned...

It's a FlashPro + eTune combo deal, for $750 you get a 2012 Si FlashPro AND an eTune from me.

Hello all, I browse here but mostly post on 9thgen under the same user name. I also post on 8thcivic and civicforums. I've had a 7th, 8th and now 9th gen. This is my first Si though. I got the Flashpro on release day and was also dissapointed that we had no base maps to start out with. The "stock equivalent" map btw is not the same as the reflash from Hondata, it doesn't really fix or improve anything, it just adds the addition of hondata's calibration tools into the software. So basically if you want anything out of the Flashpro at this point you are forced to get a tune. I had the OEM Honda ECU update and it got less rev-hang than the "stock equivalent."

That said, I got an e-tune from Vit since I wasn't going to just put this thing in the closet. It was a tedios process I will admit and requires a bit of time and patience. However, he worked with me 100% and responded to every email VERY fast, we even data logged and re-calibrated till 11pm one night and I was the one to call it quits not him. But this story isn't to just credit him as a good tuner, it's to tell you how much of a difference the tune made for me.

To say the difference was night and day would be pretty accurate. My only mods are an ART SRI and P2R TBS. With the etune, throttle response improved a crazy amount, however good you think it is now you just don't know. Gas mpg went up though I can't say exactly how much, I would put it around 2mpg for the same drive I have been doing and calculating daily by hand, not by just the iMid. Power is way up, the best way I can put it is that it felt like the car woke up, found its potential, came alive. On the same stretch of road I wen't from 181hp on the e-dyno to my highest 215hp. Thats not to say the number is completely accurate and I'm making 215hp, but does show the difference in power the tune made for me. Rev-hang is gone btw, not improved but gone. I get a little upward blip in rpm between shifts with zero hang. The wife commented how amazingly smooth it is now going between gears.

Basically, if your going to buy a Flashpro make sure you add the cost of a tune to it, because without one you are getting nothing. Even if there were base maps they aren't going to do much for you or come close to a quality tune. Also, at $150 Vit is giving you a steal. I had no idea how much work goes into making a tune and this man worked like a beast! I don't feel like I would have gotten anything better by spending $400 at a dyno shop except that it would have been faster and I could have just sat there without driving around datalogging. But you have to determin if that is worth the $250 or more difference. Not to mention if you add a mod, an etuner can give you a quick map update for it at a small fee vs having to go back to the dyno shop and spend way more.

Hope this helps you all out there.
Whoa. You're saying the stock equivalent is NOT the same as the reflash? Not to question your statement but where did you get that information? If it's true, and I have no reason to doubt it, that explains EVERYTHING... except perhaps why (or how) I got the impression FP would fix revhang.

Anyway, thanks for posting this. It's been very helpful.

Were you talking about Batman... or somebody else?

E-tune as in? Base map or actual tune with data logging? And does the flash pro have a warranty

eTune as in it's a COMPLETE full tune via datalogging I request and you send to me. It's as all inclusive as possible and we'll get the car running as best as possible given the current features in FlashPro -- and even updates/lifetime support for your tune (no retune fees for tweaks if your mods do not change). Heck I've done stuff like this when new FlashPro features come out that affect my customers: http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/supercharging/297878-attn-all-s-c-owners-vit-tune.html

There's 2 people that have already posted short reviews/comments.

Whoa. You're saying the stock equivalent is NOT the same as the reflash? Not to question your statement but where did you get that information? If it's true, and I have no reason to doubt it, that explains EVERYTHING... except perhaps why (or how) I got the impression FP would fix revhang.

Anyway, thanks for posting this. It's been very helpful.

Stock equivalent is exactly what it says -- stock Honda tune.

There seems to be some misconceptions circulating that FlashPro is a rev hang fix -- this alone is NOT true.

What FlashPro is, is a *tuning solution*. It allows you to take full control of your ECU and make the car run better than it comes from factory -- which includes eliminating or largely reducing the effects of "rev hang". In fact I've had comments such as "wow if it runs this well now it should of come this way from the factory" many times after a custom tune.

Basemaps suck. That's just the way of it. They're nothing more than a starting point for tuning a vehicle.
We need to forever clarify between "basemap" and "reflash". The two were not created equal, at least not by Hondata when it comes to the K24Z7 engine in 2012 SI. This was a big assumption on my part, or perhaps the assumption of many, i don't know. But i'm glad we're making progress.

Back