• mazdaspeed protege

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • honda civic si ep3

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • acura rsx type s

Votes: 11 37.9%

• Total voters

thevietkid33

i was wondering if you guys could help me out with this. im helping my younger brother find/buy his first car. since i helped my other younger brother buy his first two cars i thought i should do the same for my youngest brother. i have it narrowed down to a 7th gen accord coupe v6 6mt, mazdaspeed protege, civic si ep3, or acura rsx type s. what would you be happy with for your first car and why? he will be buying it within the next 6 months.

The protege and accord are sexy, I would definitely get the accord tho, just because I'm a Honda guy.

The Honda is a car that won't have many problems which is good for a young kid, not having to worry about your trans blowing out or something crazy like that.

3 out of the 4 cars are hondas lol. but yeah im also biased to, honda boy here! i threw in the mazda because my other brother has an ms3.

...give me a break, it's really early lol. I never liked the older civics and that rsx body style makes it look like a hot wheels car.
lol it was pretty early.
I would say EP3 bc you can get a good one for less than $9k. And it's the slowest so it's safer. :D
yeah he liked the ep3 since i had an 05 in the past. he wont be driving it fast, i swear he drives like a grandma. lol he just wants something stick and fun to drive.

The only problem with the V6 6-speed accord is the '6-speed' part. That car is pretty hard to find.

I would say EP3 bc you can get a good one for less than $9k. And it's the slowest so it's safer. :D
The only problem with the V6 6-speed accord is the '6-speed' part. That car is pretty hard to find.

It's like your in my mind! I would of said the same thing.

The slowest one. Most 17 year olds have no fear and like to drive fast to impress others or just have fun. The fastest one is not a good idea IMO .... The danger factor, speeding tickets are expensive and gas isn't cheap either. Let him work his way up to speed by first getting some driving experience with a slower car.

Funny you mention this though, because my car is my twin boys future car. It's slow enough...auotomatic R18. :eekdancesmiley:

Last edited:
RSX all the way :) Two doors, great looks good performance. Definitely a fun car. This assuming we talk about a responsible person and you want to give them the most fun vehicle. If not a car person maybe the Accord since it is designed to be a non car crowd pleaser as well while still being a fun car seeing it is the V6 MT version (though in all fairness they have heavier noses and understeer more).

being a former v6-6 owner, i say accord. One sweet ride and Very fast car. Only bad thing is that it has its limits due to ecu tuning.

Back