Fog Lamp Housing fogging up!!

AlienPrime

Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Vehicle Model
Civic Si HFP
Body Style
2 door Coupe
Nooooo! I don't know why this is happening! The fog light housing is fogging up! like crazyyy! thought maybe it was the led's i had put, so i put the originals back in after i tried them as best as i could (like 85% dry)

turned the fog lights on for a while, thinking that the heat from the bulb would dry out the remaining bit of water...

got home, fog lights were filled with residue all over the lense! :"(

anyone else have these issues? never modded the lenses or anything... so idk how more water is leaking in......

Nooooo! I don't know why this is happening! The fog light housing is fogging up! like crazyyy! thought maybe it was the led's i had put, so i put the originals back in after i tried them as best as i could (like 85% dry)

turned the fog lights on for a while, thinking that the heat from the bulb would dry out the remaining bit of water...

got home, fog lights were filled with residue all over the lense! :"(

anyone else have these issues? never modded the lenses or anything... so idk how more water is leaking in......

Warranty claim with the dealership?

yeah might be a defect its not making a good seal so condesation is building also make sure there is a rubber seal ring there when turn/lock it into place ......:think:

yeah might be a defect its not making a good seal so condesation is building also make sure there is a rubber seal ring there when turn/lock it into place ......:think:
yeah i did.. and the standard pro led's are sealed even better so idk why there is condensation :(

:confuzzled: could be the fog housing then .... cant be to many posibiliies so put the old bulbs back in and take it back to the dealer if they see the led's they will try to blame that lol ..

hey np we are all here to help each other out in anyway big or small ;) ...let us know how that turned out ???

It's ironic how my eBay (K2motors) fog lights never had any issues. :D

I think it's better if you don't take the housings out. Bring the car. The dealership might say that you made the 'error' by messing with them.

My 13 is doing this too it started with the passenger side and has now moved to the driver side as well i just put yellow bulbs in right after i bought it like 2 months ago and it just started fogging or getting condensation in them. I took it to the dealer where i bought it and they replaced the housing (or so they said) and it still is fogging up! I will have made 5 trips to the dealer for this issue in this month alone! The service manager is going to call honda for me to see whats going on. Glad to know im not the only one to have this problem!

My 13 is doing this too it started with the passenger side and has now moved to the driver side as well i just put yellow bulbs in right after i bought it like 2 months ago and it just started fogging or getting condensation in them. I took it to the dealer where i bought it and they replaced the housing (or so they said) and it still is fogging up! I will have made 5 trips to the dealer for this issue in this month alone! The service manager is going to call honda for me to see whats going on. Glad to know im not the only one to have this problem!
gonna put stock bulbs in next week and bring it in :)

gonna put stock bulbs in next week and bring it in :)

you dont even have to put the stock bulbs in i didnt i took it there as it was and they didnt care until when they first replaced the housing it still leaked with the aftermarket bulb in so they wanted to put a factory bulb in to see if it was that (which it wasnt)

Back