For those people who put Mugen Badges on Fake Spoilers

Nobody is telling you that you CAN'T upbadge your car. But as this is America I have the right to tell you that I and most people in the know think people that upbadge there car to make it seem more special than it is is a moron.

It also is an insult to anyone that went the extra step and bought the special version or model and to the people that created it.

You stay up on that high horse of yours and keep calling people morons for doing what they like or makes them happy. And it wouldn't be an insult to me at all, so speak for yourself. :thumb:

Stealing someone's hard work? If that is indeed the case, litigation should ensue. So when you put a decepticon sticker on your car it better damn well transform into a decepticon or you're "misrepresenting crap.":D
Oh, I'm quite sure that there has been a lot of words between Mugen and the people attempting to steal their designs. You can make replicas all day long and as long as you don't try to make people think it's the real thing, not much is done about it. People who try to impress others by putting a manufacturers label on a piece of crap end up with a piece of crap with a label. They don't fool anyone but themselves.

You stay up on that high horse of yours and keep calling people morons for doing what they like or makes them happy. And it wouldn't be an insult to me at all, so speak for yourself. :thumb:
It's an insult to the manufacturer of the real article. If someone sees one of these crappy stolen designs with the floppy cross-bar and the lousy fit and finish and the duct tape holding it together and a real manufacturers badge, they end up deciding not to buy the real article and the manufacturer loses sales. Tres simple. People who try to impress others by putting manufacturers badges on crap have an image problem and think they're fooling people. Ain't gonna work.

Oh, I'm quite sure that there has been a lot of words between Mugen and the people attempting to steal their designs. You can make replicas all day long and as long as you don't try to make people think it's the real thing, not much is done about it. People who try to impress others by putting a manufacturers label on a piece of crap end up with a piece of crap with a label. They don't fool anyone but themselves.

Ok, here you're talking about infringement and Mugen has every right get upset. This is much different than what I was talking about: the average joe slapping a mugen badge/sticker on his car. I wasn't implying that stealing a patented design trying to sell that off as your own idea isnt right at all.

It's an insult to the manufacturer of the real article. If someone sees one of these crappy stolen designs with the floppy cross-bar and the lousy fit and finish and the duct tape holding it together and a real manufacturers badge, they end up deciding not to buy the real article and the manufacturer loses sales. Tres simple. People who try to impress others by putting manufacturers badges on crap have an image problem and think they're fooling people. Ain't gonna work.

If people are going to believe that that's the real deal being held together by duck tape that's on them.

I think people should put whatever they want on their car if it makes them feel good. It's their car and life is too short. It only matters what the person believes to be true, whether it is, or is not, isn't important for meaningless things such as these. I have a pair of fake Oakley sunglasses and I don't feel stupid for wearing them. On the contrary, I feel good about the fact that I have the same style as a real pair and saved a bundle. I would probably break/lose a real pair in short time anyway. haha. Don't get me wrong, there is a line of ridiculousness that one should try not to cross when pretending, but in the end it just doesn't matter. 99% of drivers would never know what a real Mugen etc. badge is, and would find it ridiculous that anyone had spent time to know such a meaningless thing.

Isn't Rota a safety issue though?
Rota's beginnings weren't that great, wheels exploding and what not, but they've since stepped their game up during their manufacturing process.
The biggest issue in the "Tuner" Community is the fact the designs are all knockoffs. Never ending battle.

duck tape
The word is DUCT. It's made for sealing HVAC ducts. Of course, if it would shut the AFLAC duck up, maybe they'd consider changing the name.

..unless you're talking about the brand.
A late comer to the party. It was duct tape for a heck of a long time before "civilians" started mispronouncing the name. Some smart person decided to take advantage of the unknowing :D.

Thats you're opinion. I have mine. How do you feel about people that lie about themselves always trying to 1 up everyone else? we used to call them posers. Thats the same insecurity and mentality that causes upbadging to occur. I cant stand that kind of person and i also can't stand upbadging. when people do that they are being fake, i like genuine people.

Back