Full-Race Turbo Kit

Was there a difference in shifting feel with the counter weight cut off?
tab4.jpg

And how well does the composite intake manifold handle the boosted air pressure?

no tangible difference in shifting feel to me, and Im picky. If youre OCD you can add a weighted shift knob or whatever but its a non issue, you just gotta make space for the IC pipes on this chassis.

the composite intake manifold works fine, look at all the new turbocharged GDI motors, 18psi factory and same style intake manifold. if you plan to build the motor or just want more power there are a variety of intake mani and cam swaps becoming available

Last edited:
^really?

You understand that outside the small realm of tuning, competing companies purchase each others products and completely disassemble and analyze/reverse engineer it?

All that shows is... nothing.

I don't have a dog in this fight btw. Just found your post ridiculous.

OHHHH HEYYY PRL. so nice of you to spend 22 HOURS?!?! on my site... studying my install guide.

That file name is petty, and like 9000 RPM said ridiculous. Also those visit length sections on site logs are highly inaccurate to actually tell how long someone was actively viewing the page, just letting you know. (I work in the Tech field and have plenty of those logs I have gone through.) Even if yours was accurate, what's the big deal? They have their kit out and you have yours out...looking at a competitor's product often times makes you think of things to do better than they did. It is shown in many industries where things are improved upon.

OHHHH HEYYY PRL. so nice of you to spend 22 HOURS?!?! on my site... studying my install guide.

Honestly...... They figured out how to route the charge pipes without deleting the foglight or using a small battery. They made us a bolt on RBC intake solution. They made us a cold air intake for previously mentioned intake kit. They made us a battery relocator that doesnt dig the clutch line into our battery.

Perhaps YOU should spend 22 hours on THEIR website.

I'm not one for bickering. But you guys are both great shops. And PRL has been highly supporting the 9th gen with their own custom engineered parts. I know he has been trying to write up instructions for the install of his turbo kit. So perhaps he was trying to learn something from you? take it as a compliment that a company like PRL, who has made so many one of a kind parts, decided to MAYBE look to you for inspiration.

good god. :face-puke:

yeah you guys are right, i should not take any of this stuff personally. i am passionate about this stuff and had a long day, looked at the user anomolies and this one set me off (im sure you can understand) but either way its a moot point, our kits are not for everyone and both have some benefits the other does not. I believe we have a better manifold, better IC and shorter piping, and the biggest benefit is EFR turbo and titanium turbine wheel. obviously they have their own kits and benefits (such as stock foglights) which is up to you. pick your poison!

Last edited:
Back