Fuse Tapping Not Working as Intended

Re: circuits staying alive after the car is shut off - depending what model civic you have and where one chooses to tap into the circuit one could be adding the accessory into the bcan network. For instance, if you have an Si, you may have noticed that you can turn the car off, yet the moonroof, power windows and accessory ambient light kit to name a few, stay alive with the key out until the driver's door is open and closed.

Fuse #23 bro :) and make sure you're using each fuse slot on the tap in priority order of wiring :)
Hey guys, sorry to rehash this old thread, but I just hardwired in my dashcam to my car and I chose interior slot 12 (Accessory Power Socket (Center Console) *) which is working, but just like OP the cam is staying powered even when the key is out and the car is powered down. You say to use 23 which sounds like what I need to do to have the cam power off with the car, but my slot 23 is empty. Can I add my "add a fuse" adapter to this slot and just leave the bottom slot of the add a fuse empty, so just having one fuse in the add a fuse? Is it ok to do this?

Attachments

• 61xsW9mV5yL._SL1500_.jpg
    61xsW9mV5yL._SL1500_.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 20
Hey guys, sorry to rehash this old thread, but I just hardwired in my dashcam to my car and I chose interior slot 12 (Accessory Power Socket (Center Console) *) which is working, but just like OP the cam is staying powered even when the key is out and the car is powered down. You say to use 23 which sounds like what I need to do to have the cam power off with the car, but my slot 23 is empty. Can I add my "add a fuse" adapter to this slot and just leave the bottom slot of the add a fuse empty, so just having one fuse in the add a fuse? Is it ok to do this?
Yes, just as you described will work.

Back