FWD vs RWD vs AWD Thread. :)

For the price and the power it has, plus one of the bigger aftermarket scenes in the car industry, I'd says this little FWD car does pretty well for itself and can definitely keep paces with other RWD cars of it's class as proven through track times and drag times.

(With some modding it can keep up with the turbo'ed cars in it's class as well for around the same total as the MSRP as the other vehicles.)

Last edited:
On the track an RWD car has lots of advantages, i would take an S2K any day over my loved Si. Best is MR RWD but those are always pricey.

I do agree for the price Si is more than a decent beast with some proper mods, FWD and all :)

Besides what's more satisfying?

Someone in a fancy car revs it at you... whats better....

Dropping some guy when you're in a 350/370z/Mustang or dropping them in your 4 door "family sedan" looking sports car?

I would track a car depending on the chassis, not drivetrain.

Besides what's more satisfying?

Someone in a fancy car revs it at you... whats better....

Dropping some guy when you're in a 350/370z/Mustang or dropping them in your 4 door "family sedan" looking sports car?

Seeing dazed looks of BMW, Audi and Mercedes owners when a Si just left them in the dust is priceless ha ha :) Top models the Si has no chance but the entry levels are most of them slower.

300whp NA. One of the quickest on 8thcivic (probably is the quickest) and it holds the #1 Street tire/street car FWD lap time in Buttonwillow Raceway.
7258560534_554c1e7e08_o.jpg

damn 300whp non N/A that is sexy on the 8th gen

Seeing dazed looks of BMW, Audi and Mercedes owners when a Si just left them in the dust is priceless ha ha :) Top models the Si has no chance but the entry levels are most of them slower.

dusted BMW in my 8TH GEN SI flashpro and full exhaust headers and intake... He looked pissed when my car was 18k and his was minimum 30k

The owner has a K24 Build. The car had 264whp with the K20.

Here's a vid!

God that would be fun... k24 block only way tks do it was so expensive.. I loved the way that car felt the clutch was so stiff gore a daily driver. At least my wife still has her 8th gen...

His shifts seem long though.. I had the whole kit from brand that will not be mentioned on this site. My throws were a ton shorter than that..

My only complaints from the 8th was long throws and very stiff clutch

The car has TWM short shifter too. I think the long shift knob is making it seem like the throw is long as well as the shift knob extender. It would be very hard to drive the car without using a longer knob. Stiff clutch? My 2007 has dot4 Ate brake fluid as my clutch fluid. That's stiff and it doesn't even have SS lines. :D

Last edited:
The car has TWM short shifter too. I think the long shift knob is making it seem like the throw is long as well as the shift knob extender. It would be very hard to drive the car without using a longer knob. Stiff clutch? My 2007 has dot4 Ate brake fluid as my clutch fluid. That's stiff and it doesn't even have SS lines. :D

well my opinion of stiff is pressure to put down clutch.. the engagement was higher on 8th but as a daily driver in DC you would get fatigued driving. 9th gen while the engagement is lower pressure is a lot less.

If I was on a track 8th gen all the way the clutch was smooth took effort but the engagement was high for quick shifts. Loved quick shifting with setup now with 9th not as much fun

Interestingly, the LS engine gives a good amount of weight on the front which gives the front tires good traction. If the owner put 50-100lbs on the trunk or maybe just winter tires on the back wheels, the handling might improve just a bit more. It wouldn't stop the abs from going off though.

you know very well there is no comparison...

i'll gladly take a 60hp rwd daihatsu midget over a 100hp fwd EJ civic

350whp to the front would also be pretty lame... gonna need wide tires too.... there is a reason only econo-cars and family vehicles are fwd lol
Shouldn't you have had this discussion with yourself before you bought your FWD Si? At least you haven't done any real mods to it, so you can easily trade it in!

Back