Godspeed Type RS on my '15

thatblackfb6

Hey guys, installed my Godspeed Type Rs today on the civic. Took a few hours because the rear passenger spring just didn't want to come out and I wasn't about to go to the store and rent a compressor. So I just got a few buddies over to pry it out.

So far, and by that I mean only about twenty minutes... they ride VERY smooth. So muchc smoother than my 8th gen buddy clubs even. It's unreal. I would recommend these coils to anyone. they haven't settled yet at all but they are by far the best set I've owned. I'll attach some pictures.

p.s. yes I know the rear is lower than the front by about half an inch... it will be fixed in the AM.

image.jpg image.jpg

Looks good. You running camber bolts or arms on your setup?

thanks man.. and the fronts have adjustable camber on the tophat.. but other than that nothing right now. I ordered arms for the rear yesterday.. so waiting for them to come in lol

Are adjustable camber arms required for the godspeed rs coilovers? or will it still work full stock, just can't lower it too much without them?

Are adjustable camber arms required for the godspeed rs coilovers? or will it still work full stock, just can't lower it too much without them?

You could lower it however much, just would not have the ability to correct the camber I believe, which would be an issue lol

The rear will gain negative camber the lower you go. Around 2" is where you'll start to go past the oem spec range. If you want to correct that, you'll need rear arms.

I need about a -4 degree camber for the front at the least, which I'm sure will require the camber arms. I have the 2014 Honda Civic SI Coupe will all the 2012+ camber arms work?

The front has camber bolts not arms and you would need two bolts per corner if you want to hit -4 degrees.

ok, so godspeed coil overs and some camber bolts for me then. I plan on tracking my car and this drop is the sickest!
The fronts offer some camber adjustments he said. I don't know how many degrees though.

Oh ok, I gotcha. Cool man that's awesome. I was just hoping you weren't running -4 on a DD without reason. Tire killer. hahaha Definitely update us with some track experiences and how the car performs for you. I know a user markA was tracking his civic at watkins glen. The stock brake pads definitely did not hold up to the heat at all. But I bet if you've been tracking for a while you already know most cars weak points.

Oh ok, I gotcha. Cool man that's awesome. I was just hoping you weren't running -4 on a DD without reason. Tire killer. hahaha Definitely update us with some track experiences and how the car performs for you. I know a user markA was tracking his civic at watkins glen. The stock brake pads definitely did not hold up to the heat at all. But I bet if you've been tracking for a while you already know most cars weak points.

I want to track my civic sooo bad...but I need another daily to do that :( I guess time to look for an old gsr or something to DD! :D

I want to track my civic sooo bad...but I need another daily to do that :( I guess time to look for an old gsr or something to DD! :D

Yea tracking your DD is not really the best idea but my civic is my DD but will still enjoy fun on the track, the reliability of the civic's are so good they can dual purpose quite easily the only issue is the $$ for upkeep. Tranny oil and motor oil before every trackday, tires and brakes and also if something catastrophic happens...its your DD and you can't get to work. I have a motorcycle that i can fall back on as a DD so its not too bad, although it does suck a little to drive in the rain :P

Back