Grafix Expressions needs donor cars to get overlays for the 9th!!!!

Connecticut is too far away from me, but if you think there's a way I could provide your needed measurements for the sedan without the need for me to drive up there, just shoot me a PM.

I offered to go up and they said I didn't need to. They said the shape of the sedan tail light makes it incapable of making overlays for it and if I want a fog overlay just trace the shape of the fog lamp with a pencil and mail it to them.

I offered to go up and they said I didn't need to. They said the shape of the sedan tail light makes it incapable of making overlays for it and if I want a fog overlay just trace the shape of the fog lamp with a pencil and mail it to them.

the issue is that the clear section is raised from the lamp... we can make overlays that just fit the raised area (curving it around the bevel is very difficult to do), but if we have a car we can come up with a solution i'm sure!

overlays for just the raised part would be a nice option too though, i know i would be down for a set of those.

we're thinking about holding a meet one weeknight...possibly next week! if anyone wants to make the drive we'd love to see you (and possibly measure your car!)

Finally got around to purchasing my overlays. I went with the red/darksmoke cuttout combo. Here are a couple of pics for everyone. Easy install, great product, and the fit of the small smoke overlay is a perfect fit. Great job grfxp!!!!!!
7448382364_fdd42316f0_b.jpg

7448381900_3247f15254_b.jpg

^ those tails look awesome, i'll have to modify the product offering on our website so you can order inlays with the tails!

any update on the sedan overlays?
i'm looking for completed pictures of the smoked overlay on the red area of the tail (not the clear insert)
my tint guy said it's a PIA and he doesn't want to waste any material attempting to do it if it can't be done right
he said if i can show him that it's possible to be done well he'd give it a shot though (it's a small shop so i'm sure he doesn't want to waste the $$ and time if it's not possible)

Someone with a sedan got together with Graffix Expressions and they are now available. If you go to the first page of this thread there is a link to their website. They have pictures posted in the gallary of the new overlays. These will take about 5 minutes to install and you only need water and a flat surfaced item to work out any bubbles. ANYONE can install these themselves. Graffix Expressions even has a video of an install on You Tube.

steve, reread what i posted, these are the overlays for the center, clear portion of the tail.
i want a smoked overlay for the RED portion (leaving the clear untouched)
definitely not a 5 minute job for that, if it is even at all possible... i'd not suggest a precut, and would most likely need to go bulk sheet with heat gun, stretching, and a sharp
xacto to trim, but thank you for attempting to answer : )

ahhhhh. That definitely isn't a 5 minute job without a pre cut. You could always take a nice scenic drive to CT and visit Graffix Expressions :) I am sure they could make the cutouts if they were able to take measurements.

yeah i'm considering it
it's about a 2-2.5 hour drive for me, so maybe i'll drop the GF in danbury mall and drive the remainder to hartford while she shops haha

Back