GSquared's '13 Si Build Thread

How much hp you think this can handle? Takes to boost better than my specv. I only make about 300 on 7psi. Would be similar to your #s I suppose.
What's the sketchy point of these motors? Weak points? Rods?

Not exactly sure, just using ~12PSI at this point in time. Motor at least sounds like it is doing okay and the car hasn't fallen apart yet so that's a good sign haha.

Update on items: Plan to order Redshift Coilovers this month sometime and some tires for my new wheels if Michelins go on sale any time soon. (225/40/18 on 18x8.5s) I just missed the 70$ off deal. I'm hoping I can find the buy 3 get one deal. Wishful thinking that they will bring it back anytime soon though, I think.

maybe the 235/40s will be a better fit for the 8.5" wide wheels.

Reactions: 323

Thanks, saw that earlier as well. I just have to figure out what money to buy the tires with at this point haha. Tires/TMPS and have to redo all the dip on the wheels, just going to do all black because the mix of dips is quite annoying to be honest. After that I should be all set in terms of wheels/tires. I got a full sized spare on eBay for 75$. Has a minor bend but holds air, going to get it repaired for a few dollars and it would be still over 200$ or more cheaper than a single BBS rim.

Hola all! Been a while since I have been on (super busy lately). Figured I would give an update: got my Redshift Coilovers this week. Getting them on during the day on Wednesday. Also getting the mold taken for my pods then (been to busy to bring in the car).

Updates with pictures with the coilovers on soon to come!

(still need tires for the new wheels so those aren't on yet either)

Hola all! Been a while since I have been on (super busy lately). Figured I would give an update: got my Redshift Coilovers this week. Getting them on during the day on Wednesday. Also getting the mold taken for my pods then (been to busy to bring in the car).

Updates with pictures with the coilovers on soon to come!

(still need tires for the new wheels so those aren't on yet either)

Could you provide a link to those coilovers? I am currently in the market for some, but am having trouble finding a set that I know will fit a 13 Civic SI Sedan. I suppose I could call a few vendors, I just am really busy as well, and prefer to hear from a few 13 SI Sedan owners as well. Thanks in advance.

So...horrible news on the Si front -- I am going part time at my work to go back full time to school instead of taking 1-2 classes a semester. In making this decision, I will not be able to afford the Si anymore if anything at all goes wrong. I plan on selling the Si as is (with Turbo, Redshift Coilovers with Konis, FlashPro, etc etc). I will be putting up the stock items such as the original exhaust with only 2k miles on it, the new wheels and tires I got for it, and maybe some other things in the near future along with maybe the car. Not sure where to list a modified car really. (If anyone has advise on selling a modded Si please PM me or something!)

It's going to be rough to see it go, but hoping after finishing my education fully, I can get a decent paying job to build a new one!

Again, if anyone has any advise on how to go about selling it and how to do test drives for potential buyers as I feel people will just want to test drive it to run the car and see what it is like -- not to actually buy it.

Thanks to everyone for all the help that made this car possible though!

P.S. Future car planned is the 2015 WRX and keeping it stock with the warranty on it! (STi is too much $ and hasn't changed a bit powertrain wise. Also trying to be a tad bit moire fuel efficient than the STi offers.)

Sad to hear the news. You can always list it for sale here. There are people who may be interested in it as is sits. You'd probably recoup more money by selling all the mods individually, but that could also take longer. I guess it depends on how fast you need it gone.

Sad to hear the news. You can always list it for sale here. There are people who may be interested in it as is sits. You'd probably recoup more money by selling all the mods individually, but that could also take longer. I guess it depends on how fast you need it gone.

Still looking into what would be best cost/time wise, I just did a whole 2 sheets of paper full of calculations of costs and sale prices I need to get for it, etc etc. Also if anyone that lives in the area wants to see the car before it goes, shoot me a PM or if you guys are having a meet sooner than later let me know! It really is a fantastic car. Everyone that has taken a ride in it is amazed.

Back