H&R 1.5" drop for 2012 civic lowering springs

Wonder if I have the hfp kit, would these springs cause the car to be lowered enough that the lip would touch the floor? I dot want to get these just based on the possibility of how close the lip would be to the ground. Anyone know?

It's just 1.5 inches lower than stock. You could measure on your car... it's not going to scrape

Wonder if I have the hfp kit, would these springs cause the car to be lowered enough that the lip would touch the floor? I dot want to get these just based on the possibility of how close the lip would be to the ground. Anyone know?
I have a HFP car with the HFP suspension (.5 inch) and if it is only a inch lower than that i don't think it would touch, My car with the HFP suspension doesn't touch anywhere

the hfp suspension isn't just springs. It's the full suspension

lpJdLXB.jpg

Yes I know. But I was referring to the h and r springs. Won't they ruin the stock struts after time?

Yes I know. But I was referring to the h and r springs. Won't they ruin the stock struts after time?

shocks eventually do go out, regardless of what springs you're running. with aftermarket springs, the spring rates are more aggressive and the height isn't stock, so they will 'prematurely' wear out

This is why I referred to using the koni struts/inserts as they capable of taking this new ride quality. Correct me if I'm wrong.

So you're looking at redshift coilovers with koni's and h&r springs?

No. I was looking to purchase the koni inserts for the stock struts. The koni suspension front and rear lowered on h and r.

I don't know what modifications need done to them... RedShiftChris may be able to comment on what's required to make it work.

Last edited:
I am considering buying these springs....

1) Any rubbing issues at all with the H and R springs?

2) So, if I understand correctly. My car (LX) would be okay to go with lowering springs. Stock suspension/shocks will be able to handle them, but the shocks will wear out prematurely. Exactly what does prematurely mean? Could you clarify this for me. How long would the shocks normally last? With these springs how long would you think they would last?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I am considering buying these springs....

1) Any rubbing issues at all with the H and R springs?

2) So, if I understand correctly. My car (LX) would be okay to go with lowering springs. Stock suspension/shocks will be able to handle them, but the shocks will wear out prematurely. Exactly what does prematurely mean? Could yo clarify this for me. How long would the shocks normally last? With these springs how long would you think they would last?

Thanks!
I've had zero rubbing issues.I do have a slight squeaking noise at times but I don't think it's the springs,I had a sway bar and camber arms installed at the same time and I think it's maybe some bushings but not sure.It seems to only happen when the weight of the car shifts from side to side like when I go over speed bumps at a slight angle.I haven't heard anyone else say the springs had any kind of issues.As far as struts go,I'm not sure,I've heard they should be ok for a while though.I've had sportlines on my Tiburon for about 7 years now and no problems whatsoever,I know different car but just my experience.

Back