Have a Motorcycle? Get in here!

Here's a video of Northern Ireland road race , not to be confused with IOM TT races.
TT is one bike released at a time at 10 sec intervals.
This is a road race all released at the same time.
Because of the dangers of hitting stone walls and what ever else is out there to hit, this makes it one of the most spectacular races out there, running just short of 200 mph.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU-ynRoqDEs&feature=player_embedded

I'm going to get another someday,maybe when I move back to Ohio, but it will be a 94 cbr-900 purple yellow white. I'm over the speed days,just want something to roll around in,I would never get one here in Atlanta,unless I found a steal on at bike,but it would sit until I moved.

Thanks to Monk for informing me, a new member, of this motorcycle thread. I love motorcycles, all motorcycles, and plan on getting a new Indian when they finally come out. In the meantime, I will ride the heck out of my 2011 Road Glide. I already have my first Iron Butt cert (the Saddlesore 1000) and may go for the 1,500 mile cert in the future. For my upcoming trip from South Texas to Downingtown PA I will take three days and enjoy the ride.

Last year (late April 2012) a couple friends and I rode to Vegas. Now, I've driven the Dragon (my wife has ridden it on her Softail Deluxe), but I can honestly say the road to take is US route 191 in Arizona. Simply incredible, an amazing experience, better than the Dragon IMHO. One of these days I'll do it again, after riding the Dragon and after riding the Linn Cove Viaduct.

http://motorcycleroads.us/roads/az_us191.html

Pics are from last year's trip.

Bob20120422_144727.jpg20120422_191509.jpg

I no longer have a bike, but if you like street bikes you have to checkout my boys website! His name is wayne ransom and He builds the sickist Concept/custom bikes, no harley's sorry. strictly one of a kind bikes based on inline four cylinder engine's, tubular frames, and aluminium bodys built from the ground up by hand. check it out there pretty damn cool!
http://ransombikes.com/
l_3652c4a483426031731f48325b2d2d33.jpg

Thanks to Monk for informing me, a new member, of this motorcycle thread. I love motorcycles, all motorcycles, and plan on getting a new Indian when they finally come out. In the meantime, I will ride the heck out of my 2011 Road Glide. I already have my first Iron Butt cert (the Saddlesore 1000) and may go for the 1,500 mile cert in the future. For my upcoming trip from South Texas to Downingtown PA I will take three days and enjoy the ride.

Last year (late April 2012) a couple friends and I rode to Vegas. Now, I've driven the Dragon (my wife has ridden it on her Softail Deluxe), but I can honestly say the road to take is US route 191 in Arizona. Simply incredible, an amazing experience, better than the Dragon IMHO. One of these days I'll do it again, after riding the Dragon and after riding the Linn Cove Viaduct.

Great pics. Your last photo makes me miss my Road King Classic. I have my 100th anniversary dresser to keep me happy, but would love to own a Deluxe too some day.

Last edited:
Everyone,
I've recently had plenty of time to read about the pros and cons of CTE vs KW vs supercharged vs turbo, etc, due to having been homebound for the past two weeks. On May 23, I was on the first leg of a three-day trip from La Vernia, TX to Downingtown, PA. My first stop was to be in Meridian, MS. Well, I was stopped cold when I attempted to make a left turn into a Texaco gas station at the same time a guy in a Z71 pickup decided to hightail it out of the same parking lot. T-boned my Road Glide, smashed my leg and ended my trip real quick. Luckily, miraculously, no broken bones although my ankle is severely sprained, knee has some torn ligaments, and there is extensive soft tissue damage to my left leg. Motorcycle is at Chunky River Harley Davidson - don't know yet if they will total it, preliminary estimate is $9k but will probably be higher once all damage is noted.

I was wearing all my protective gear - heavy jeans (Diamond Gusset), Joe Rocket jacket, gloves, boots and full-face Shoei helmet. Good thing, since I was thrown from the motorcycle and landed on my right shoulder and my head smacked the pavement. Funny thing is, I lay there for a bit while cars just whizzed by. A good Samaritan at the gas station ran out into the road, directed traffic around me, and basically saved my life. Then, as the Anderson Regional Medical Center was dumping me onto the sidewalk after they had done xrays and exams (I couldn't walk, they didn't give me crutches, and my wife was on her way from La Vernia, an 11 hour trip), the good Samaritan and his wife (who had stayed with me the entire time) took me to their home in Ellisville until my wife arrived (she drove all night to get to me).

Now I'm recovering, and it will be months before I'll ride again, and months before I can drive a manual-transmission car (like my new Civic Si). God Bless the good Samaritan and his wife, who literally saved my life, took me in, and cared for me. All they asked is that I pay it forward, which I will certainly do, but I still owe them a debt which I can never repay. If you ever need a plumber and live in Mississippi, call Purvis Plumbing. Trust me.

Bob

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your encounter with yet another twit with no situational awareness, best wishes for a speedy recovery.

^^ and good thing you had as much protective gear on as you did.

This is why, no matter how hot it is out, I ALWAYS put my jacket, gloves, and helmet on. I see people out riding in shorts and a t-shirt with no helmet and I pray for them. Glad you're okay and that's awesome that the Good Samaritan did all of that for you.

In other news, I'm looking at getting rid of the Buell and stepping up to a Dyna, I'm at the point now where I like going on longer rides and the Firebolt isn't conducive to that type of riding. I'm looking at Fat Bobs right now.

Last edited:
This is why, no matter how hot it is out, I ALWAYS put my jacket, gloves, and helmet on. I see people out riding in shorts and a t-shirt with no helmet and I pray for them. Glad you're okay and that's awesome that the Good Samaritan did all of that for you.

In other news, I'm looking at getting rid of the Buell and stepping up to a Dyna, I'm at the point now where I like going on longer rides and the Firebolt isn't conducive to that type of riding. I'm looking at Fat Bobs right now.
I like the Fat Bobs but prefer the rounder look of the Fat Boys. They Dynas are cool, too. Really, I've always wanted an Indian. Since I won't be riding for a while, the plan is to sell my Road Glide Ultra (if insurance doesn't total it), bank the money, and wait for the new Indians. I really love my Road Glide, but having it and an Indian is just too extravagant (especially considering I want a supercharger or turbo for the Si). So the Road Glide has got to go.

The good news is that most of what's wrong with the Road Glide will be replaced, not repaired. The tour pack and side bags are fiberglass and have been shattered, so they will be replaced. The crash bar and exhaust will probably be replaced, and the front fairing will probably be replaced, too. Frame and engine appear to be unscathed. Floorboards are all bent to heck and will be replaced. So whoever buys it will in essence be purchasing a new motorcycle.

Those fairings and bags are EXPENSIVE. My coworker has a 2011 Road Glide Custom and someone hit him a few months back. He had to replace both bags and the inner and outer fairing and it was ~$3,500 in parts from HD.

Those fairings and bags are EXPENSIVE. My coworker has a 2011 Road Glide Custom and someone hit him a few months back. He had to replace both bags and the inner and outer fairing and it was ~$3,500 in parts from HD.
Yep yep. Plus labor. $85/hr and it takes an hour per bag and 8 for the fairing. :omg:

Back