Head swap options

WhiteFG4

Arizona
Vehicle Model
Civic si
Body Style
Coupe
Hey does anyone know if it's possible to switch heads on the k24z7? Maybe put the k20 head on?

a guy is currently working with Redstar Motoring... he is using an RSX head with its stock cams. They say it works! he won't post pictures though so kind of sketchy.

a 2012 si with a rsx head/stock cams? uhhhh huuuu.

yea im waiting to see how that pans out. personally i'd rather have a nice new 8200rpm K20 head, with some nice cams, intake and header with flash pro, than a s/c or turbo.

not possible, this is a whole new motor design
a 2012 si with a rsx head/stock cams? uhhhh huuuu.

straight from the horses mouth. ill keep you posted with any info i get.

screenshot2013010707261.png

There is a thread on the other forum about a k20 head swap to the Si block. I spoke with Hytech Exhuast (The company that's associated with building Honda's world challenge race cars) today and they said that they can produce a head swap parts kit for the k24z7 block. Their number is 949-581-2181.

Cheers!

Also, Hytech has a racing oil pump with buffle kit for our cars. I had it on my 8th gen, 9k rpm's all day. They ol day's :)

This is from earlier today by Hytech Exhaust...

Hello 9th Gen Owners

Yes I have done the cylinder head swap on the K24 motor. We did them for World Challenge Civics Race cars since the 2012 single exhaust port head is worth less. I will have a list of parts that you need to do the swap. It requires about 20 to 25 pieces. I will go over my notes on the last build to see exactly what is needed and what is not. Give me a few days to compile the list. The power gains with the proper parts will be at least 50+ whp.

HyTech Exhaust Inc.

One question. Full race praised the integrated header for there turbo setup and hytech says its worthless. Which is it, good or bad lol?

To be neutral, just my .02. Hytech build the car for world challenge, which has certain rules that limit how much they can improve on the vehicles over stock. Therefore, this route is best for natrual aspiration builds, (i.e 290 whp+ high compression). Full race obviously deals with force induction builds (i.e 350 whp+), which our integrated head benifits from over the traditional four port that uses a header/exhaust manifold.
Hytech= all motor build
Full Race= turbo build

Just my .02...

Back