Header for k24's

Well I just know that hi-flow cats are usually expensive on their own. So couple that with a downpipe and I am sure it will be costly. Hopefully the gains make it worth while!

High flow cats are not expensive at all, they can be found for well under $100 in universal fitment.

what is high flow cat? i have a question again. is downpipe a part of a header? pardon my innocence.. just really learning.. i appreciate all the help..

aftermarket headers are not possible for k24?

high flow cat =high flow catalytic converter.
high_flow_cat.jpg

downpipe is essentially the pipe from the head of the engine to where the cat is located.
<---rear of car.... ---- front of car ------>
1244659703_633401405770412500_0.jpg

header - normally looks like this below
2croj1c.jpg

---
there are not 4 exhaust ports on the 2012 si. There is only 1 exhaust port on the block. So, you can only use a downpipe - 2nd pic I posted. They can do it with or without a catalytic converter. Hope that helps

it did help a lot sir webby! :) is the downpipe in the photo with cat or catless? with cat is required by law right? thanks!

nice illustrations! you are awesome sir!

And I will be a testament to how awesome the full race catted downpipe is!!! It's awesome!!

the downpipe is 3". 70mm is a 2.75" pipe. A shop would have to do some custom work to make it mate up properly

I have my own philosophy I go by when it comes to spending money on things... If I'm going to spend money on something I'm going to get the top of the line item. No sense in settling for a lower item and later on regretting not having gotten the best.

Back