8th Gen hello from a 8th gen owner.

So another update on the swap, after talking with my brother for several hours we are gonna take the car to his shop and finish the swap there. He is a mechanic at a import and domestic shop, and i now have most all the tools I will need so, having the help and the right lighting and having the tools will be a quick job. So a little after the first of the year it should be running. Then E-tune with Vit, maybe hit up humble performance and see what i put down on a dyno too(and see if tune can be touched up any)

But anyway how was everyone's Christmas?

Not everything was on Christmas but all of this is considered "presents"
I got 2 pairs of new shoes, me and the wife bought new cell phones, she bought me some carbon fiber wrap, I bought myself K24 timing chain, k24 dipstick, ZDX thermal TB gasket, SPC rear camber arms, Muteki lug nuts, Supertech Viton Valve Stem Seals, a craftsman 265 tool set, HPT valve spring compressor tool and got some goodies for winning 12 days of Christmas on another forum, a 9th civic lanyard, a Honda lanyard, Honda cell phone holder, Honda pen, Strut king 2012-2014 dead pedel set (I'm gonna sell it), Honda cup holder things, and Axion Industries license plate holder, skunk2 magnetic drain plugs

got this today
102_3416_zpsc7ffa5df.jpg

and the rest of this was im not sure when i got it.
102_3415_zps045ce3ab.jpg

102_3414_zps6b5a8a48.jpg

102_3399_zps90e5be1e.jpg

image111_zps51b37661.jpeg

102_3417_zps33b4417b.jpg

102_3418_zps8bee3308.jpg

Last edited:
I know i still have some stuff on the way.
And once my car is driving again I'm gonna get new JDM taillights as I don't really like the ones I have and I'm having problems with them. then need to finish the headlight wiring and the new mirrors I'm gonna buy and I'll be plastidipping it until I can get the money to really paint it and have everything re-cleared

Bout to pull
IMG_20150110_190045_zpsppebdoxz.jpg

Pulled
IMG_20150110_230038_zpsswm0lp7m.jpg

Transmission off and ready for motor stand
IMG_20150111_125340_zpspstvbjo9.jpg

Up on the stand getting broken down
IMG_20150112_184851_zps00cmawam.jpg

Down to the block
IMG_20150112_210717_zpsbnkmk82a.jpg

Head torn apart.
IMG_20150112_210725_zps0b7yzuvz.jpg

So it looks like I was running lean for a long time lots of crusty sh!t on pistons, but the block was fine. And the head looks good but there is some more stuff needs broken down to tell. I'll be buying a wide band to monitor the A/F better, and a new O2 sensor, clutch was almost gone so new OEM replacement. And that's all for now

Nice man!
Thanks bro I have a couple of things to do once this car is running.
1. Completely wire head lights.
2. Get the 2009 octagon JDM tail lights
3. Get spoon type mirrors.
4. Get cf roof overlay
5. Get car painted along with the wing, side skirts, and rear lip.
Then I'm done and all I'll do for a long time is make the inside super nice. My soon to be step-father-in-law does interior and offered to do my seats so I'll be rocking some peanut butter heated and cooled leather seats before too long then imma cf wrap plastic I'm my car that I have in mind. And headliner black and all that. And while I'm doing that I'll also be stockpiling parts for built block

Thanks bro I have a couple of things to do once this car is running.
1. Completely wire head lights.
2. Get the 2009 octagon JDM tail lights
3. Get spoon type mirrors.
4. Get cf roof overlay
5. Get car painted along with the wing, side skirts, and rear lip.
Then I'm done and all I'll do for a long time is make the inside super nice. My soon to be step-father-in-law does interior and offered to do my seats so I'll be rocking some peanut butter heated and cooled leather seats before too long then imma cf wrap plastic I'm my car that I have in mind. And headliner black and all that. And while I'm doing that I'll also be stockpiling parts for built block
Man ur making me wanna go out and finace another si (8th gen) and do a mugen or type r convo and slap a kraftwerks kit under da hood.
Dem heated seats are wonderfully on cold *** dayz

Man ur making me wanna go out and finace another si (8th gen) and do a mugen or type r convo and slap a kraftwerks kit under da hood.
Dem heated seats are wonderfully on cold *** dayz
8th gens are the sh!t mang can't lie.
I can't wait for the interior tbh that will be the most fun part I'll be able sit in style lol
Can't wait to drive this thing again Lol

Today I completely broke down the k24. I took the head off and cleaned pistons up almost like new ;) Lol
Then flipped upside down and took oil pan and pump off. Cleaned it all up. Got the RSX oil pump trimmed and ready to mount.
Tomorrow gonna paint the block black and start the assembly of everything.
I'll post pics tomorrow of today's progress and tomorrows progress.

8th gens are the sh!t mang can't lie.
I can't wait for the interior tbh that will be the most fun part I'll be able sit in style lol

Can't wait to drive this thing again Lol

Today I completely broke down the k24. I took the head off and cleaned pistons up almost like new ;) Lol
Then flipped upside down and took oil pan and pump off. Cleaned it all up. Got the RSX oil pump trimmed and ready to mount.
Tomorrow gonna paint the block black and start the assembly of everything.
I'll post pics tomorrow of today's progress and tomorrows progress.

Yeah dude iv been looking at 8th gens lol I can decide if I should get a 06-07 Duramax or an 8th gen lol
And can't wait for the pics

Yeah dude iv been looking at 8th gens lol I can decide if I should get a 06-07 Duramax or an 8th gen lol
And can't wait for the pics
Now that's a bid decision I love me a duramax, but you already have a car so man I'd have yo say big truck.
Yea baby (Austin Powers voice)
Never thought is be driving cammed k20/k24 hybrid JDM converted 8th gen it looks like sh!t right now but soon it will look good and run good I can't wait.

Now that's a bid decision I love me a duramax, but you already have a car so man I'd have yo say big truck.

Yea baby (Austin Powers voice)
Never thought is be driving cammed k20/k24 hybrid JDM converted 8th gen it looks like sh!t right now but soon it will look good and run good I can't wait.
Yeah dude I was leaning more towards a dmax lol. The farm boy in me is telling me to go back to my roots and get a dmax. But after I tvs supercharge my car [emoji3]

Back