Help with diagnosing car problem

Went up stairs to sales and I was walking around just browsing and a sales rep came up to me and I explained I already have a Honda and it's in service giving me problems, so a sales manager came down to speak with the rep. And now I'm getting my replacement battery..why did I have to go speak with a sales manager to solve the problem? Idk that's beyond me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garden State Honda = horrible. Sorry for your bad experience with them. Everyone has a bad experience with that dealership.

It's good to hear that you're getting a replacement battery. And yeah, the clutch is part of wear and tear.

Even though I live in Passaic/Clifton, my go-to dealership is RT23 Honda. I bought my Si there 10 years ago.

Is the warranty valid at any Honda Location?
If so, I'm going to have to pay a visit to RT 23 Honda because this service is trash. Thanks for the heads up and the insight @webby @Dar-Dar appreciate you guys lol.

I'm unsure about the warranties varying in location. You can try and give RT23 Honda a call about that. I do know that recall fixes can be done on any dealerships.

Since the warranty is from honda it should be honored at all dealerships in the state. I know sometimes state to state it can vary, I've had issues with that from time to time in the military and all.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Just got my battery replaced and I'm heading out the dealership, if the same problems keeps occurring the problem will definitely have to do with the clutch as it is needed to turn on the car as well. I'll keep you guys updated and thanks for all your help!!

Thanks dar. Yeah, you can take your car to any dealership for warranty work. I'd try the one he recommended and see how that goes for you. They'll still prob tell you it's a "wear item", but defective parts are a different thing. There is a track record of others having broken clutch springs being replaced under warranty. I recall one user even having the dealer say they'd replace it if it was broken, but if they didn't find anything the user would be on the hook for repair work. When they pulled the clutch it had broken springs and they did it for free.

Thanks dar. Yeah, you can take your car to any dealership for warranty work. I'd try the one he recommended and see how that goes for you. They'll still prob tell you it's a "wear item", but defective parts are a different thing. There is a track record of others having broken clutch springs being replaced under warranty. I recall one user even having the dealer say they'd replace it if it was broken, but if they didn't find anything the user would be on the hook for repair work. When they pulled the clutch it had broken springs and they did it for free.
All dealers get paid from Honda for warranty work. Problem is, it's a lower fixed rate than other work they do... at least that's my understanding. Also explains why they don't offer unlimited diagnostics without charge. But if the dealer finds a definite problem, you bet they'll fix it because they're getting paid by Honda.

Good luck!

While they get may be paid, a common trend is to endlessly fight doing the work. At least some dealers notoriously fight warranty work.

While they get may be paid, a common trend is to endlessly fight doing the work. At least some dealers notoriously fight warranty work.

Back