Hi everyone! I'm sleepingpanda!!! (part 2) lol

ive been using the hondata forum to resolve the issue. so far their only suggestion was to try a different OBD scanner. lol. But i have seen other people on other forums, whether its an s2k or a tsx. with the same issue as mine. Evap monitor just wont set using hondata.

And they hide behind the "our products are for offroad use only" curtain all the time. Yet CT sells the s/c as CARB legal................but you need flashpro to even get it running. lmao.

I know the catalyst not ready is my fault. But i would pass inspection just fine with only one monitor not ready and no CEL.

right now i have 2 monitors not ready and no CEL. so FRUSTRATING.

I'm at the tipping point right now.... i give it another week. if there is no way to resolve it, I am parting out my car completely and going back to stock. :'(
Just throwing this out there... Has comptech or @VitViper tried helping resolve this?

Just throwing this out there... Has comptech or @VitViper tried helping resolve this?

There isn't anything Comptech or I can do to resolve the issue directly, unfortunately. We have the same problem on the 8th gen native calibrations (not the "race" cals). It's been mentioned to Hondata several times that our ECU's have a hard time setting the readiness codes with FlashPro. I can only use the tools Hondata gives me -- we don't have any direct control over the ECU other than what is revealed in the FlashPro software, so it's in Hondata's hands to research and resolve whatever issue prevents the readiness from setting.

Not trying to blame you. I just thought I'd see if you knew of a solution. Thanks for chiming in

You're both saying it happens on the 8th gen and other models though....?

Not trying to blame you. I just thought I'd see if you knew of a solution. Thanks for chiming in

I know, just wanted to add my 2 cents.

You're both saying it happens on the 8th gen and other models though....?

Yes, it happens on pretty much every FlashPro vehicle... The 8th gens lucked out, as there are two different types of ECU calibrations: "Race" map and the native "Civic" map. The Race map seems to set all readiness codes no matter what is wrong with the car (even with a leaky EVAP for example). The Civic maps have the same problem as the 9th gen maps. Unfortunatley for the 8th's, support for the Race maps is done and they are deprecated, so I can't really use them anymore.

Response from Hondata! Apparently if the catalyst isn't set, then the evap will never set. And according to there response there was some kind of issue with the catalyst never setting. So apparently they fixed it and the new release will be out around the 28th. Cant wait to see if this fixes my issue. I know im not running cats, but the defouler should fool it so the monitor sets, or else set a check engine light. and I don't have a check engine light on at all. But at least I know now I will just need to throw the cats on for the inspection test and be good to go.

"We've got our 2012 Civic to set all readiness codes. It takes at least 3 full driving cycles, with cool down and time delay between cycle. It seems that the readiness codes set in sequence : first the fuel system, then the cat then the EVAP. If one code doesn't set (the cat) then the next will not (the EVAP). We found that the cat was not setting, and made some changes so this would be much quicker.
Next FlashPro release will be around 10/28/2013"

Back