Hi everyone! I'm sleepingpanda!!! (part 2) lol

Few updates. put a flashlight behind the Mugen start button to see if it does indeed illuminate. and it does BAM. no i need to figure out how to make the LED in the switch power up :scratches:

Got all these other parts together. theyre at the Carbon Fiber shop now being covered with carbon fiber.

1961518_10202183233636074_1678453227_n.jpg 1800850_10202183232556047_496364301_n.jpg 1964160_10202183172674550_971322459_n.jpg

I cant wait to see the end result.

The steering wheel will be CF? :giggle:
all of those pieces are being done in carbon?

The entire tach shroud, trim around the cruise and steering wheel volume control buttons, hvac trim, shift boot trim, radio trim. all carbon.

Top and bottom of steering wheel will be carbon. with black alcantara sides and red stitching. shift boot will also be black alcantara with red stitch

I dont think its too much carbon. i didnt want to get carried away. I want it to look like a special edition civic from the factory. I want people to see it, and go to the dealer looking for one to purchase. lol. only to be disappointed.

I'm really looking forward to this. Who's doing the work, if you don't mind me asking?

I'm really looking forward to this. Who's doing the work, if you don't mind me asking?

meh... ill reveal that after its done. because like everything someone does to their 9th. 47 other people will do it and claim it was their idea. lol. Although i dont think many people on here would be interested after they find out the cost. lol

That's cool. I have a roll of CF and some resin that's been sitting around for months waiting for me to start skinning. I've just been too lazy to start. I'm mostly interested to see how the wheel turns out cause that's something I wouldn't want to do myself.

eating_popcorn_and_drinking_beer.gif

That's cool. I have a roll of CF and some resin that's been sitting around for months waiting for me to start skinning. I've just been too lazy to start. I'm mostly interested to see how the wheel turns out cause that's something I wouldn't want to do myself.

I've worked with carbon fiber and resin before. and i don't want to do ANY of it myself lol. so props to you.

will the tach shroud come apart from the vent piece? start button is on my list of things to do but since i have a 13 i think they're a little different

It will definitely be one of a kind.

Going to be real nice.

Hey, what do those steering wheel controls look like? @squiggy and I are curious. Might try to change the lights in them. Got any pics?

@Pauly99to17 @squiggy

heres some pics of the switch dissection hope it helps.

Once you remove the buttons from the trim panels. you are left with this. (sorry no pics of trim panel removal)
_DSC0194.jpg

Remove these 2 screws with a small precision screw driver.
_DSC0195.jpg

removing screw

_DSC0198.jpg

Then work your way around the switch case removing these lil clips.

_DSC0199.jpg

once you split the switch in half, this is what you see. there is a rubber membrane over the circuit board. the 3 rectangles I'm pointing at are where the LED's shine through

_DSC0200.jpg

Peel back the membrane. you will see the small yellow led's

_DSC0203.jpg

Here you can see the 3 LED's and the solder pads.

_DSC0207.jpg

Back