HKHonda Head Unit

only person that I've seen with one of the ebay nav units similar to that is ron flood -
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/made-in-china-navi.4124/

Yea I've seen that thread. I was looking at that one as well. I honestly haven't read anything bad about either of those makers. I just really like the OEM look and the price is hard to beat. Plus they are all plug and play. I'd just like to know which one of these is the better option since one is about $20 more

I'd definitely get some more feedback if you've seen users with these. Some have said they are not exactly plug and play... limited directions, and some steering wheel controls were not working.

I'd definitely get some more feedback if you've seen users with these. Some have said they are not exactly plug and play... limited directions, and some steering wheel controls were not working.

Yea I've heard about the steering wheel problems. I'm not too concerned about that. I really like how the navi software can be changed since it's windows ce. I've been looking on various audio and car forums. I'll try to find some decent feedback and post it here.

for that price you can get a SOLID double din unit and a dash kit

Not with navigation. I ordered the one that ron flood got in the other thread. I already had a problem that was completely my fault and the seller has been nothing but helpful. Replying to me very quickly multiple times and resolving the issue within 20 minutes of ordering. I've looked around the web for more info on these and most people don't have any serious problems with them, yeah they aren't top of the line, but if it works and I can get it for this price I'm all for it. I'll will definitely post some pics and a quick review about it when it arrives.

Here is the link for reference:

http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=271350876730

*edit- Also wanted to add that I made two offers and ended up getting it for $360.

i dono im just kinda skeptical and im the kind of person that would rather spend an extra couple bucks for a known name brand product.

i dono im just kinda skeptical and im the kind of person that would rather spend an extra couple bucks for a known name brand product.

I don't have the ability to just spend an extra couple hundred dollars. Some of the navigation units were going for thousands. Plus buying a wiring harness, new mount, and trim. I was skeptical as well, but I did research and found a lot of good info to make a decision. It's a risk, but I think I will be fine.

well after you get it please post a review. im really interested on the quality and whatnot. :thumbsup:

sorry guys, been awhile and I see this is an old thread, but my old NAVI crapped out on my, I actually did get an HKSHonda A8 S100, its alot faster booting than my old Made in China NAVI... the nice part about it is it uses all the factory mounting points, especially the one holding the unit underneath, where it screws down. I got my steering wheel controls back, right down to the hands free celphone buttons... but there are soooo many sources in this thing.. its like 20 button pushes to cycle through all the sources. when you change the volume, its seen in your iMid, factory armrest USB is utilized by the system. even when my hood is up, its shows it on my navi display, i didnt even realize there were sensors in my hood.. lol you can record through 3 different sources, has a region 2, which essentially means it will play a DVD or video to another monitor while you watch the GPS... anyone have any questions? feel free to ask :)

also keep in mind, its windows ce 6.0 for an arm based processor which means there are next to no programs that run on this thing..... its not the same as an x86 based windows ce.... i will most likely do a video and upload it to uTube to show how well intregated this thing is with the factory steering wheel functions, factory USB, aux in etc. unfortunately it doesn't want to sync up with my BlackBerry BOLD 9700(which is common, never again), but does with my Galaxy S. and my WIFI just isnt strong enough to connect, although it does see it. I really wanted to test out the web browser. its capacitive touch screen capable but doesnt come with one... :(

IMG_0756.jpg

if you use the factory USB for music, the iMid displays the song title/folder etc. even when you are backing up, highly recommended to get one of those 270 degree cameras, they kind of give a fish eye effect, but you can see so much more with them.

How's the sound quality? And does it have the pre outs for the subwoffer?

yes the usual preouts, f/r speakers, sub out... but no remote acc wire, not a huge deal, can just tap into your cars ACC/purple wire with a silver stripe for your head unit, but still..... sound quality is on par if not arguably better than stock, but its got a little more BASS by default.. But if you are going to add a sub, then I would recommend switching out your rear speakers for sure for some components anyways...

Back