Hondata Releases 2012 Honda Civic Si ECU Reflash!!

^^I'd lower it first. The reflash is nice but I'd wait for Flashpro. Then again, Hondata may offer some sort of rebate to those that purchase the reflash once Flashpro does come out like they did for the 8thgen

I'm just excited about the options this opens up. Although I appreciate NA tuning, which some people will LOVE, I prefer F/I products. Hopefully we will see reflash's to go with the upcoming full race turbo kit and ct supercharger kit I've seen being worked on. Woot.

I wonder if this will take care of the damn rev hang that is driving me nuts?

If you go to hondata's site it says its been brought to "minimal" rev hang. So yes, it addresses it.

yea, the 8th reflash reduced rev hang as well...

you can do the other later, yes. Basically the reflash is one tune. The pro allows for total customization/tuning for any aftermarket parts/forced induction, etc.

What's the difference between the two really flash and pro??? If I do this one now can I do the other one later??

With the 8th gen, Hondata released the reflash first, then came Flashpro. They did (and still do if I remember correctly) offer a rebate for those that purchased the reflash, so hopefully they do the same thing. That way if you buy the reflash and want to upgrade later on, you will get (some) of that money back

I'm almost willing to consider dealing with the negative equity and getting an si...this car with only a tune makes 20hp!! thats how much people made with i/h/e and a tune on 8ths. Now imagine this coupled with i/dp/e this car will make at least 30-35hp...which will make it faster than the current 8th...bye bye k20, the k24 holds the crown.

haha yea,. remember the 200whp club threads on 8. Most had i/h/e...reflash to get there...

nice gains. good numbers, too.

One question, though, the numbers that honda released, to the crank, for torque was 170, wasn't it? So it actually gets more tq to the wheels than to the crank, stock?

SN: lol I remember dyno day. No one broke 200, lest one person I think.
I/E used to be only 189/149 or something.

that is correct.. 170 was the rating from honda. I wrote hondata to see if they can chime in on that. :think:

You should only consider only the % changes. You cannot accurately compare one dyno to another for absolute power figures, but % power changes should translate to different dynes as long as the testing procedure is consistent.

- We can take the same 200 HP car to 5 different dynos and get power figures from 160 to 210 hp.
- We have taken a number of stock K20 200 HP Civic Sis and measured power figures ranging from 185-205HP on the same dyno
- We have taken three different stock Honda models rated at 160HP, a K20A3 base RSX, a K24 Accord and K20A3 Civic Si and measured 140, 150 and 160 HP.

Lessons:
- Dynos vary
- Cars vary
- Manufacturers figures may not be accurate

All dyno charts on Hondata.com were done on a Dynapack using the same testing procedure.

Back