How i make my car look like this?!!

245 is a lot of tire compared to the "look" you liked above. You would not be able to slam the car down like that with 245 tires on a 9" wide wheel.

Some of the pics in this thread are broken from being so old towards the beginning, but there are some examples of what various wheel/wide tire setups look like,... how much camber they had to run, pulling/rolling fenders etc. A 245 tire would definitely qualify as meaty and functional, but you would not be tucking tires like that car up there. I wouldn't be surprised if they were stretched on like a 215 tire.
https://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/official-meaty-fitment-functional-thread.10100/

I would also say look at a 22mm or 24mm progress rear sway bar. I'm not even sure how the fd2 type r parts would bolt up (if at all without modification)

I see. Whats a good tire size for Rpf1 17x9 +35? I wanna use with Rev9 coilover without having to pull/roll fender, is that possible?

Edit:
From the link, it seems 17x8 +35 with a 225/45/17 is best function? If thats best with coilovers than ill just go for those. Just looking for best function with 1.5-2' drop. 17x9 would look better imo but if i have to pull/roll fenders i can go smaller. Thanks again!

Last edited:
With just a 2.5” drop on 17x9+35 on a 215 tire (no rolled or pulled fenders), users report moderate tire rubbing. That pic you posted is probably easily 3.5+ inches of drop and fenders rolled/pulled. That’s why I said that car is stretching tires to look like that. It’s not exactly safe or functional if you care about performance.

You’d need two of these rear dorman arms to be able to adjust the rear camber specs.

Amazon product
View: https://www.amazon.com/Dorman-521-872-Suspension-Control-Select/dp/B00GJ1OP00/

Spc sells front camber bolts most users go with. One set will fix the fronts.
https://www.procivic.com/p/ym/2012/civic/spc-front-camber-adjusting-bolts.html

I think you could fit a 235 nicely with 17x8 35 rim-thats what I am running except its a 225 which seems to work very good. Unless you have a turbo or sc a 225 is all you probly need. i would be interseted on seeing if a 235 would work because of the rotton roads-tire would ride over potholes better.

I rubbed with a 225/40 tire 18x8.5 +35 dropped pretty low with lots of camber.

The wheels in the picture at the beginning of the thread are definitely mb battles, not sure on specs, but prolly 9" wide for the amount of concavity. All the other plans seem pretty in line with just getting started on the mod train. Post some pics of the progress!

alot of trial and error OP
youre gunna buy things that just aint gunna be for you. but its all part of the learning process

Why would you ever spend that kind of money on those tires when you’re trying to build a stance car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I feel like they don’t have the bend at the lip like these mb battles? His offset is quite low too

https://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/...ivic-show-me-some-pics.3815/page-2#post-61925

Ok so this is what i have so far.

24mm progress rear sway bar

Enkei Rpf1 17x8 +35 (white)

Michelin Pilot Sport 4S-225/40/17

hasport rear motor mount

Rev9 R9-HS2-011_2 Hyper-Street II Coilover

…Am I missing anything? Ima drop it low as possible before i encounter any rubbing or having to add camber etc. Im mainly looking for performance over looks though

The wheels in the picture at the beginning of the thread are definitely mb battles, not sure on specs, but prolly 9" wide for the amount of concavity. All the other plans seem pretty in line with just getting started on the mod train. Post some pics of the progress!
will do!

Ok so this is what i have so far.

24mm progress rear sway bar

Enkei Rpf1 17x8 +35 (white)

Michelin Pilot Sport 4S-225/40/17

hasport rear motor mount

Rev9 R9-HS2-011_2 Hyper-Street II Coilover

…Am I missing anything? Ima drop it low as possible before i encounter any rubbing or having to add camber etc. Im mainly looking for performance over looks though
If you are going for performance then your car should look nothing like the first picture. Also you should not be slamming the car super low.
Lastly, you will need a either a 235/40 or 225/45 tire to be properly sized for the car.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

If you are going for performance then your car should look nothing like the first picture. Also you should not be slamming the car super low.
Lastly, you will need a either a 235/40 or 225/45 tire to be properly sized for the car.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

What are some of the differences between 225/45R17 and 215/45R17?

The first number in a tire designates the width of the tread in mm.

215mm is 8.46 inches wide
225mm is 8.86 inches wide and so on

the 2nd number “45” is the sidewall height... ratio to the width of the tread (1st number).

@Khanvict5

i love them. i have them in silver. they get dirty quick but theyre easy to clean imo. lighter than stock so turn in and the pull you feel when u get in the throttle is noticeably improved

Hey bud, I recently joined this group not too long ago. Just like you, as soon as I joined this group, I immediately looked into tires and rims. I got too excited that I almost went ahead and made some serious purchases. I was lucky enough listening to myself and decided to hold off the rims first till I know what I am looking for because not all rims are going to fit your car like OEM rims. I have not experienced any issue with rims since I haven't had a chance swapping the rims yet. I've seen, heard, and read all kind of issues people ran into and it was hassle for them plus it cost them fortune having to replace with right parts and fixing anything that were potentially damaged from the previous setup.

As a friend, I advise you to do deep dive research and understanding offset and knowing what you're getting yourself into. I was advised to save up little extra money in case I ever need to do body work (fender roll) if I ever get rims that will compromised with the chassis and fenders. Something to think about before making any serious purchase and having some sort of regret. I have a similar thread like yours here.

Hey bud, I recently joined this group not too long ago. Just like you, as soon as I joined this group, I immediately looked into tires and rims. I got too excited that I almost went ahead and made some serious purchases. I was lucky enough listening to myself and decided to hold off the rims first till I know what I am looking for because not all rims are going to fit your car like OEM rims. I have not experienced any issue with rims since I haven't had a chance swapping the rims yet. I've seen, heard, and read all kind of issues people ran into and it was hassle for them plus it cost them fortune having to replace with right parts and fixing anything that were potentially damaged from the previous setup.

As a friend, I advise you to do deep dive research and understanding offset and knowing what you're getting yourself into. I was advised to save up little extra money in case I ever need to do body work (fender roll) if I ever get rims that will compromised with the chassis and fenders. Something to think about before making any serious purchase and having some sort of regret. I have a similar thread like yours here.

Good looks homie! But i have had my SI for about 60k miles now and im now past the warranty. The reason i never did anything before was to not void the warranty but now i find myself wanting to get the rims and tires i always wanted!! And since im here, i might as well upgrade the suspension too!!

Last edited:
Back