How i make my car look like this?!!

Ok so this is what i have so far.

24mm progress rear sway bar

Enkei Rpf1 17x8 +35 (white)

Michelin Pilot Sport 4S-225/40/17

hasport rear motor mount

Rev9 R9-HS2-011_2 Hyper-Street II Coilover

…Am I missing anything? Ima drop it low as possible before i encounter any rubbing or having to add camber etc. Im mainly looking for performance over looks though

I read a horror story about the Rev9 coilovers here. I know it's on a 10th, but I can't imagine that the 9th ones could be much better.

Which offset is better for performance? 35 or 45? For 17x8 rpf1. And which size tire? 215 or 225 45 offset.

The pricing is beyond stupid and WAY above msrp. Example on the bc racing br series. The msrp is $1050, and you’ll find stores selling them for under that.

https://www.bcracing-na.com/product/br-series-coilover-honda-civic-2012-2015

other models they sell offer other functions like double adjustable, or more/less custom settings for the struts.
https://www.bcracing-na.com/products?filtercache=cb514822-d4e2-4f56-a7a9-ec80965c8d6e

Popular coils can be found in this list and it shows the msrp. You should be able to find any of those for well UNDER msrp.
https://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/...ons-with-product-info-links.6860/#post-141003

That entire list is filled with budget junk. Stick with BC, which can still be hit or miss, if you’re not willing to spend the coin for some quality coilovers. I’m still recommending FA500’s above all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

the list has bc in it? The fa500's are in the 1300 dollar range as well for msrp as comparison

the list has bc in it? The fa500's are in the 1300 dollar range as well for msrp as comparison

Aside from BC, it’s all junk. ..in my opinion. BC’s are still budget coilovers but seem to offer better ride and build quality than the rest. The FA500’s end up costing around $1500 or so after the Swift Spring, which I highly recommend, upgrade. They also take a little bit to build which is why most who just wanna get low go with others.

My rims are quite nice and they fit the honda si very well 17x8 offset 35 Koing ultra grams-extra strong and extra light, except noone could program the new sensors i got. i have a appoinment with a Honda dealer to fix that- there is no reset button on the 2013 si. Even if you switch the OEM sensors they maynot work on the new rims and have to be programed by honda dealer only.:bananapoke: tire size is 225 which is perfect for this car.

Attachments

• DSC00324.JPG
    DSC00324.JPG
    7.8 MB · Views: 12
Offset has nothing to do with performance..

You need to check out willtheyfit.com

My rims are quite nice and they fit the honda si very well 17x8 offset 35 Koing ultra grams-extra strong and extra light, except noone could program the new sensors i got. i have a appoinment with a Honda dealer to fix that- there is no reset button on the 2013 si. Even if you switch the OEM sensors they maynot work on the new rims and have to be programed by honda dealer only.:bananapoke: tire size is 225 which is perfect for this car.
Damn, how much will that cost?

Offset has nothing to do with performance..

You need to check out willtheyfit.com

I read somewhere that you should match offset if you dont wanna lose performance bcus its closer to oem spec.

With that said, i am solid on getting 17x8 rpf1 or pf01ss
Just need to know which offset to run in conjunction with tires.

215 or 225 and what offset?

As for coilovers, i will be going with BC racing or Redshift competition coilovers with swiftrace springs

Last edited:
I read somewhere that you should match offset if you dont wanna lose performance bcus its closer to oem spec.

With that said, i am solid on getting 17x8 rpf1 or pf01ss
Just need to know what offset to run in conjunction with tires.

215 or 225 and what offset?

As for coilovers, i will be going with BC racing or Redshift competition coilovers with swiftrace springs
It's a bit more complicated than just looking at width and offsets.
Any one change that you make will affect something else (or multiple somethings).
Keep in mind that Honda designed everything to work within a certain "operating range", and it's far easier for enthusiasts like us to completely screw it up rather than make it better,
Changes in ride height affect things like camber and toe, which messes with steering and suspension geometry.
Changing wheel width and offset messes with your scrub radius, which can lead to a worsening of understeer or oversteer.
Just do lots of research before spending your hard-earned money on what "looks good". The worst thing you can do is modify your car, and then have to re-do something because it didn't turn out the way you wanted.

Damn, how much will that cost?
$185 for the koing ultra grams-they have gone up sensei bought them-use the old wheel sensors and you might not have to program them. Anything better is going to cost $250 and up,.:brock:that is true the honda is extremely sensitive car to mods-know what your doing before changing anything or you will make it worse. Hondata is one of the first thing s to get. I have a CAI acurity installed -it needs a pro Mechanic to install. Not a fan of lowered cars at all- in rough road maine. be warned those fancy wheels you get may bend easy.

Last edited:
$185 for the koing ultra grams-they have gone up sensei bought them-use the old wheel sensors and you might not have to program them. Anything better is going to cost $250 and up,.:brock:that is true the honda is extremely sensitive car to mods-know what your doing before changing anything or you will make it worse. Hondata is one of the first thing s to get. I have a CAI acurity installed -it needs a pro Mechanic to install. Not a fan of lowered cars at all- in rough road maine. be warned those fancy wheels you get may bend easy.
185 to program the wheel sensor? Or for the wheels?

Back