How Much Did You Pay For Your 2012 Honda Civic

I bought a manual black honda civic lx 2dr.

MSRP without add ons- $17805

BS Add-ons I Did Not Ask For:
Mudguards- $189!!!
F#cking Pinstripe I didn't want- $149
Environmental Protection Package- $599 <---This makes it sound like I'm saving baby panda bears but it's basically a tiny plastic suitcase filled with bottles of vinegar.

Dealer wanted- $18,858
I paid- $16,268.

This is not the best deal ever in the world but I'm ok with that.

Sorry for the dated report, at the end of May I bought a 2012 Civic LX Coupe auto, MSRP $19,395 and we paid $16,700 plus a $300 doc fee. The OTD price was an even $17,000. The OTD price was 12.34% off MSRP. There were no dealer installed options.

I bought it from Barry Sanders Honda in Stillwater, OK. I had negotiated with several dealerships in Oklahoma and the Dallas area. I called Sanders and got the price I wanted and it was an easy transaction. I would recommend them if they meet your price. I also had a good quote from McDavid Honda of Frisco, TX and they were in the lead until I talked with Barry Sanders Honda. I did learn that Texas has a small tax which would have been around $100 on the purchase which I believe you can't avoid even if you live and register it out of state.

When a dealership offers to match the price someone else gave you; be decent and go to the salesman that originally gave you the price. He did all the work. Now if someone is willing to beat that price by a material amount then go for it. Sorry, I used to be in sales and that's a pet peeve of mine.

^ welcome to the site... any pics of your car?

Just bought a new 2012 Si 4dr sedan in Black, was built in July 2012, had 5 miles, never test driven. List was $23,794. Bought it for $22,000. the only addition was nj sales tax. oh, and Honda had 0.9% on the Si. :)

Hi, I have got the following break up for Honda Civic LX 2012 in peoria Il
Price - 17,725
Documentary Fee - 185
State & Local Tax - 1,119.38
Title (Cherished Plate) - 242
Total Price (OTD) - 19271.38

Is it a good deal ?
I am not sure... do advice...

Subhash - coupe/sedan - auto or manual transmission? Those items dictate the pricing.
http://www.truecar.com/ - put your zip on the right, and the honda civic on the left box. When it brings up the next page for all civics, use the drop down menu to pick the model and the transmission type. It'll display pricing for your area, and what others are paying.

Thanks Admin for the quick reply... its a sedan 4 dr auto LX. I have entered the details on the website and have got $18163 as the target price. After looking at this i guess my range is reasonable...any inputs ? My range is $17700 - $18500

17,7XX for an auto/sedan/lx is a good price. It says 4 people in the last 30 days have been able to get that pricing. The average paid is showing 18,4XX for the peoria zip code I put into their site. So if you can get 17,7XX ...you're roughly $700 under the average paid in the last 30 days.

Hey guys! Went to a few dealership today to look for a 4-D Civic LX. Best price I could find was OTD 19,500. I live in California (Bay Area) so the tax might be a little different. Do you guys think this is a good deal or can i talk it down? They offered me the 2-D LX for 18,600 OTD.

san fran is 8.5% sales tax from what I'm seeing online...?

So the purchase price is somewhere around $17,900 - with whatever license fees and whatnot included.
4dr LX Auto Sedan - invoice is $18,4XX
4dr LX Manual Sedan - invoice is $17,7XX

sounds like they're giving you a good deal. Another thing to think about - the 2013 redesign is around the corner. I'm not sure what your car situation is like, but it may be worth waiting to see what the redesign holds?

Yea the sales tax is 8.5%. Is that the right invoice? On edmunds.com its a little different.

http://www.edmunds.com/honda/civic/2012/options.html?sub=sedan&style=101384848

What I don't understand is why would they offer me the 2-D coupe for 18,600 and not the 4-D. Shouldn't a coupe be more expensive?
But a little background about my situation: I'm about to go back to college and will be needing a car to live off campus. My parents offered to pay for the car until I graduate and find a job. I was thinking Honda Civic's because they were offering 0.9% APR. I've been to 3 dealerships and the prices only differed 200 dollars.

the invoice on edmunds is without destination charge - of like $795 dollars. Their msrp is also missing the destination fee, until you go to the next screen on the link you posted.

LX coupe manual with destination​
MSRP =​
$18,595
LX sedan manual with destination​
MSRP =​
$18,795
^^directly from honda's site for pricing info. The sedans are always a couple hundred dollars more expensive. More doors= more switches, hardware, wiring, materials etc in those 2 extra doors. Coupes may be selling slow at that dealership, or they just need to move some? No clue what their inventory looks like. The sedans tend to be selling way more around me. For every coupe I see, there are probably 5+ sedans...if not more.​

I got my FB6 for 21.6k not including tax and other fee's. Seems like I got a good deal since I saw my salesman in the financing office with 3 other people which looks as if he was being lectured. He later came out to tell me that he got in trouble for selling me the car for that price and that they let him off the hook cause he was new. Guess he was bsing me since everyone seems to get their Si for 20k to 21k without fees and taxes!

Back