Huge meteor shower Thurs August 11th

Hopefully we will have a clear sky in colorado tonight...oh wait, I'll probably be working on things for work in my basement......

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

That'd probably be neat to see I'm sure it won't start before I go to bed tho

• Staff
Only happens once every 133yrs. You could at least see if it's a clear sky & if you could see some

I'm gonna try to remember and check before I go to bed.. It's been storming so may not be able to see much

THere's too much light pollution here. Let alone storm clouds. :(

I will try to transfer some stuff to my computer here in a little bit. I know I captured at least a few. It never failed that one would shoot past out of frame or behind me while I was aiming in another direction. Still cool to watch.

I didn't feel like editing these, so they are what they are. I'm sure I could work with the raw files to actually bring out the milky way a bunch. I wasn't able to ever get anything great captured. Most of the larger streaks I saw always seemed to happen behind me or in another direction just out of frame. I stayed out for about an hour just repeatedly shooting 20-25 second shots in various locations. These look very lacking for photos, but it was quite a show from what I saw. A number of them streaked for long distances, but I never got one captured.

Um4roWb.jpg

Jv9CLog.jpg

tow9zqt.jpg

dQ847Gj.jpg

If someone had a bunch of cameras setup across the whole sky, you probably could have captured a lot of great stuff.

Back