Hurricane Sandy

Lost power ETA 8pm. Just realized I can't get to my Si since my garage door is electric powered fml

viL6d.jpg

^ pull down on that and you can lift your door manually. You'll just not be able to lock it from the outside.... but you can use the side deadbolt on the door from the inside.

050049016685lg.jpg

usually looks like this ^. Slide it over and it'll stop the door from being lifted. Then you'd have to exit out of your house door or whatever.

No, it's portable, which means I have to wheel it out of the garage, start it, then plug it in. I didn't invest in a dedicated generator since we do not get outages very often. The last one was a year ago.

In any case, Marla said she is ok about waiting until tomorrow morning to start it. We will be going to bed soon.

ahhh ok. I was thinking you had one that tripped on when the power went out. Hope the storm blows through without any further episodes for everyone

Sandy's back end is worse than her front in bklyn we r getting major flooding. I moved the car to street level cuz my community driveway is lower(basement level)

We lost power around 9:30 PM last night. My basement is flooded, which I have only seen one other time in the 20 years we've lived here... that was when we got over 3 feet of snow. We are running on our generator now.

I can't reach my company's production plant, which means they have no power. So I'll be home taking care of anything that needs to be addressed - at least this morning. I'll do a walk around in another 30 minutes, when the sun rises, to access any damage.

Stay safe everyone. :sadwavey:

Sorry to hear about the basement. Glad to hear everything else is okay. We got power back a few hours after we lost it. Hoping for the best for everyone.

Lost power around 8pm last night, no flooding in my bldg. but I have no idea what it looks like outside..

We only got a little of whats hitting west virginia, its really windy but only a inch or so of snow. My mom in baltimore was told by the hospital to stay the night and they put a cot in her office

our rain turned into snow in the middle of the night...

ken, is your basement finished?

Sorry for you all......... Is that a finished basement Kenny ?

New Jersey is literally a mess right now. The cities by the Hudson, Passaic, and Raritan rivers as well as the shore are flooded. Most of the highways are also closed. I can't go anywhere because the main roads and back roads are blocked off by trees and emergency vehicles. Last night, all I saw outside were transformers blowing up left and right. My neighbor also told me that he smelled burnt rubber from all the blown transformers. My neighborhood was fortunate to have power for the rest of the night.

I just finished up cutting branches and raking the leaves by my house and helped out the neighbors.

Back