In need of some opinions on my wheels

+1 for the use of the word mitosis on a car site. Sucks about the wait though. I'm guessing that if you bought them online & had them shipped to Canada, you'd be dealing with major fees?
Almost 12 years later and I still recall some odds and ends of my high school bio classes, lol.

A friend of mine bought some Works last year and it took almost 4 months to get them but I just figured they were out of stock, turns out that may not have been the case. Shipping direct to me and border fees would be horrendous (probably enough to have bought a 5th wheel, and at approx $400ish a wheel that's a lot!). I buy off Ebay all of the time and try to keep my purchases under the $100 mark when possible because anything over that gets taxed ridiculously at the border. It also makes me sad when I have to claim alcohol when driving back into Canada... doubles the cost of my booze :(

I just skipped over that word since I didn't know what it meant lol

If I recall correctly, it's the division of chromosomes. But like I said... 12 years ago so that's a long time! So leave room for error, lol.

Yeah too much thinking for me lol

So you are a teacher... What grades? (I can't remember if you said it)

Yeah too much thinking for me lol

So you are a teacher... What grades? (I can't remember if you said it)
This year (and last) it's grade 2, but my assignment can change from year to year. I've taught grades 6, 4 and 1 previously as well but early elementary is pretty much where I'm pegged and where I prefer to stay.

The OEM look better than the Enkei's IMO...I say wait the 2 months for the Work's, they would look sick!

Ok, so in an update on my wheels... sold my Enkei's this week to my ex-fiance and ordered the Work XT-7's today in matte bronze (pending availability, I should know by Monday for sure). Fingers are crossed I can get the wheels, and looking at getting the matching blue lugs to go with them as well. I'm super excited but my bank account isn't! :turbospin:

well congrats on at least selling your wheels - that helps the bank account. Hope you hear good news on the works

well congrats on at least selling your wheels - that helps the bank account. Hope you hear good news on the works
The sale on the old wheels with excellent condition tires will cover about 1/3 of the cost of the new ones without tires, lol. Gotta love having expensive taste... but at least the Michelin Pilots off the OEM wheels should be able to transfer right over onto the Works and they have next to no mileage on them since they were only put on for the first time on Monday (ran winter tires since my purchase of the car in January up until then). Save a few bucks for the time being :tongue:

Haha, he lives 2 streets over so no duty fees on this sale. He's a cheapass so I couldn't get away with overcharging but I think I got a fair price and I didn't have to post pics, wait around for a buyer, etc so at least it was convenient for me this way. We get along fine now and actually hang out quite a bit (we still share all our mutual friends)... but a year and a half ago when he was dating one of my friends I wished his head would spontanously combust, lol. Ah memories... :confused:

I think duties/taxes should be assessed in those situations regardless of the item traveling across the border ;)

I ono .... I've always liked bronze.... probably because I've got bronze wheels on mine :giggle:

But on blue... I've seemed to like white wheels more than any other color. Thats just me.

Technically speaking, the stock ones are composed of 5 spokes as well... they're just undergoing some bizarre phase of cell division or mitosis, lol.

Currently waiting on a price for the Works. I'm being told by 2 different shops though that Work Wheels are hard to get in Canada now and will likely have a 2 month wait. :confused:

Don't feel bad. I waited 4 months for the Advans I currently have.

Don't feel bad. I waited 4 months for the Advans I currently have.
If I was going to wait 4 months then summer would be over here and I'd be putting my winter tires back on! Four months would kill me... I am so not a patient person when I want something, lol.

lol. no comment.

But in regards to the WHEELS... It helps the waiting process when you know you cant use em anyway. :)

03042010032.jpg

BBS LM or OEM Nothing ELSE LOL
Haha, not really my style I guess. I find them a little spokey... I think I tend to lean towards simple wheels. My winter wheels are spokey but they're winter wheels so they don't count because the salt on the roads eats them for breakfast, lol.

Back