Injen Exhaust for 2012 Civic SI

No, not even close.

An axle back exhaust will provide virtually zero gains and the gains from a cai are minimal as well. My guess would be no more than 5 or so whp. And that's pretty generous. How manufacturers get the numbers they advertise their parts will make, I just don't know.

If you're looking for optimal gains from bolts on, a 60mm axleback exhaust is far from your best bet. 3" cat back will always be the way to go. I can see this exhaust being a good option for someone wanting a deeper tone while not wanting to spend much money.
Pretty sure with both bolt ons you get more then 5 hp.

Pretty sure with both bolt ons you get more then 5 hp.

I'm talking about peak whp with the two mods mentioned. There may be more or less than that gained throughout certain parts of the powerband. They will be almost all from the intake however.

13hp at 4400 rpms is actually fairly impressive for the injen cai

I'm talking about peak whp with the two mods mentioned. There may be more or less than that gained throughout certain parts of the powerband. They will be almost all from the intake however.

13hp at 4400 rpms is actually fairly impressive for the injen cai

Ah ok just wanted to clarify.

16ft lbs of torque is nothing to sneeze at either

I don't want to rain on your parade but personally IMO I wouldn't bother just doing the axle back. If your going to change the exhaust I would go with cat back or even go with a full exhaust with a high flow cat.
I am glad that your enjoying the Injen though. At the end of the day it doesn't matter what everyone else thinks. What's most important is that your happy.

I don't want to rain on your parade but personally IMO I wouldn't bother just doing the axle back. If your going to change the exhaust I would go with cat back or even go with a full exhaust with a high flow cat.
I am glad that your enjoying the Injen though. At the end of the day it doesn't matter what everyone else thinks. What's most important is that your happy.

I had a cat back exhaust from AFE. Had it on for almost two weeks. Thats all I could handle as far as the sound goes. It was so loud inside the car my 5 year old complained.

I had a cat back exhaust from AFE. Had it on for almost two weeks. Thats all I could handle as far as the sound goes. It was so loud inside the car my 5 year old complained.
Hey Kojack from the other forum LOL, are you glad that you don't have it anymore? Did you ended up selling it after all?

Hahahaha when I was a teenager my GF (who's now my wife) could hear me coming to pick her up in my VW GTi way before she could see me. I had done a full exhaust w/header on that car.
A performance exhaust is definitely louder than stock so you need to be able to live with the extra noise if you want the extra HP from this type of mod.

Hahahaha when I was a teenager my GF (who's now my wife) could hear me coming to pick her up in my VW GTi way before she could see me. I had done a full exhaust w/header on that car.
A performance exhaust is definitely louder than stock so you need to be able to live with the extra noise if you want the extra HP from this type of mod.

Gti's are Nice too!!

i got a megan 8th civic si one on my car now...just to quiet for me ...anyone want it? I payed 230 from corsport and I elongated the bolt holes on the flange so it bolts up to the mid pipe

is that all you had to do to make it fit? I might consider taking it off your hands.

Honestly to me it was worth the money. I wanted a full cat back of course but from a good company like greddy or apexi but nothing is out yet from them so I opted to go with the injen axle back. Was a little worried about the sound or if it even produced power and was totally surprise after it was installed that you indeed feel a complete difference in power.

thanks for the output broda, in terms of loudness tho is it too much? I wanted to go with a not so looud but throaty sound

Back