Installed lowering springs but fronts sit higher than rears?

I took my car back to the shop to see if they can cut my bump stops and they told me they didnt recommend it. they said to just drive it and let it settle for a couple of weeks and if that didnt work to take it back and they would then cut it. Jonathong let us know if anything changes when you get em cut this friday.

bump stops do not lower the car ....they prevent the car from bottoming out so hard and help the strut/shock but if lowered alot they must be cut depending on the drop in inches because the lower you go the bouncier the front end gets because now the car is sitting on the stops and will produce an unpleasant ride and cause you or passengers to lose their lunch lol.
bump stops are cut to give the strut/shock alil room to still retract in and out and so they dont blow out so the ride isnt so stiff and to aliminate some of that bounce .

and shops only say that its not recommened because they are not that noledgable when it comes to dropping cars and dont wanna be responsible if somthing goes wrong...but like i said it depends on the drop and the stops need to be cut if more than a 2 inch drop

the struts/shocks need to retract in and out ..if not they will not last as long .

Your bump stops have nothing to do with your fender gaps man. Sounds like someone at s2 doesn't know what they're talking about.

Something else is wrong, but I couldn't say without putting my hands on the car.

If thats the case skunk2 need to get their s@#t together and give everyone who bought and installed these springs and answer and solution!!

Why wait til tomorrow do it now!! Lmao jk. Dude post pics as soon as u can if thats the problem ill get em cut tomorrow too. Good luck

Reactions: raf
Why wait til tomorrow do it now!! Lmao jk. Dude post pics as soon as u can if thats the problem ill get em cut tomorrow too. Good luck

I know I know I would've done it sooner but I've been busy, tomorrow is judgement day. Praying that it works lol also it seems like another person on another 9th gen civic forum got the same answer about cutting the bump stops

Well, the thing is... like I already pointed out:

Regardless of whether or not the bump stops need to be cut to allow the shocks their full range of movement while driving, the only way they could be preventing the front from being the proper height is if the bump stops are stopping the springs/shocks from compressing more when the car is just sitting. If you pull up the dust cover and you can see part of the shock piston while the car is on the ground and the springs are under load of the vehicle, then the bump stop is not preventing it from sitting lower while the car is at rest, because clearly there is more room for it to compress.

Last edited:
Well, the thing is... like I already pointed out:

Regardless of whether or not the bump stops need to be cut to allow the shocks their full range of movement while driving, the only way they could be preventing the front from being the proper height is if the bump stops are stopping the springs/shocks from compressing more when the car is just sitting. If you pull up the dust cover and you can see part of the shock piston while the car is on the ground and the springs are under load of the vehicle, then the bump stop is not preventing it from sitting lower while the car is at rest, because clearly there is more room for it to compress.
thats exactly what my mechanic told me. he said i can cut the bump stop but that shouldnt be the problem. he said most likely skunk2 F*&%$D up!! if thats the case they need to do something quick.

I would listen to your mechanic. The bump stop may eventually need to be cut to allow full range of movement, but that doesn't matter right now when the problem is that it is sitting too high. Though, the shock could actually be fully resting on the bump stop, preventing further compression. If it's not, then bump stops aren't the problem.

Is there a way to check if your sitting on the bump stops? And what causes this improper installation? I'm pretty sure I didn't install it incorrectly.

Well people have said they need to be cut to use those springs. I understand that it's definitely needed for full movement while driving, but I am unsure if it is needed to be cut to even sit right.

To check just pull up the dust cover on the shock piston, under the spring, while the car is sitting. You should see the shock piston and some clearance between the shock housing and the bump stop. If the car is literally sitting on the bump stops then that's the problem. You may have to raise the car, pull up the dust cover, then lower the car to the ground and then check. Checking while the car is in the air will not tell you anything.

Last edited:
Is there a way to check if your sitting on the bump stops? And what causes this improper installation? I'm pretty sure I didn't install it incorrectly.
If you can press down on the car and the suspension compresses, then you are not on your bump stops. but i can tell you right now that wiith the fender gap you have, there is no way that you are sitting on your bump stops.

Unless skunk2 screwed up really, REALLY bad (highly unlikely), improper install is the culprit. If that is the case, either the springs need to be swapped front to back, left to right, flipped upside down, or a combination of the above. but somehow they are installed the wrong way.

Well I tried to push down on the fronts and it's really stiff, like it won't compress. Maybe I'm on it? The rear of the car I'm able to push down and it compresses.

Well I tried to push down on the fronts and it's really stiff, like it won't compress. Maybe I'm on it? The rear of the car I'm able to push down and it compresses.
The bump stop isn't long enough to take up all of the shock travel at the ride height you're at. If that were the case, even shorter lowering springs would sit at the same height you're at now.

I really dont see how its the bump stops...something's definitely up with the springs man. They're supposed to give a bigger drop than sportlines and my sportlines had me basically tucking tire a couple hours after installing them lol

I think its product error guys because now its 2 cars like that and noway do cars sit like that on drop springs

Just thought you guys should see this. I just received this email bout 15 mins ago

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-06-06-18-53-15.png
    Screenshot_2013-06-06-18-53-15.png
    378.6 KB · Views: 40
Just thought you guys should see this. I just received this email bout 15 mins ago

Care to post the pics of what you sent you? What part number is on em? Cause idk if mine are a bad batch or not cause they say it maybe.

Back