installing sliding arm rest next week!

It seems he has s having fun.... Or he lives in planet Venus a full day is more that 200 earth days so maybe we just need 195 days tell the sun comes out and see some pics

Difficulty level 1/10

So anyone can do it! Feel free to PM me with questions. If you live in the Denver area I would be more than happy to help any one with ordering the pieces and installing them.

Forgot the sheet with the part numbers at work. I will update this post tomorrow while its slow at the store. Its hard to get good lighting with a black interior to do the DIY pictures. It is very easy though. Just grab the back panel of the center console and pry it off (see the last picture). Inside you will see a piece of metal about two inches long (we'll call this a washer) on the drivers side that attaches to the hinge pin. Remove the screw from the bottom of the hinge pin washer and remove the hinge pin then pull out the armrest lid and insert the new hinge assembly into the same spot. Re-insert the hinge pin and put the screw back in the bottom. Then just put the rear cover back on. Shouldn't take more than about ten minutes.

It comes in two pieces though. the hinge and the cover. The hinge and lid have the sliding piece pre-attached from the factory, but you will want to pull off the sliding piece because the cushion will have one already attached. Just yank it off, you wont break anything. Then take the new cushion and put it on. You will have to give it a few bumps with the bottom of your fist to get it on properly and align it with the gears inside. Then just pull it forward and back to make sure it works.

Here are some pics of standard position and the forward position. The whole armrest sits a bit higher than stock, which I like. Overall it is much more comfortable. Well worth the price!

2iqin4i.jpg

keglzt.jpg

25qxhc9.jpg

1j9kxk.jpg

This is the rear panel that needs to be removed to get to the hinge pin

2h88ntc.jpg

Merry Christmas!

Is the sliding portion available for the non SI models as well>? If so, I would like to get one, also is the fabric the same? ( talking non SI models )

Yes all models in 13 have the slider. The fabric might not be an exact match as they did change all models except the Si's fabric. Just confirm with the parts department you ordered from that you are getting the right piece.

Back