Interchangeable K-Series Parts?

why would you want to use the accord manifold, rbc and rrc are the only one's id consider swapping in. The accord manifold isn't regarded for performance so there is almost little point.

So i can order a lightweight flywheel and clutch for an 7th or 8th Gen and it will work on my 12 si? What about the hill assist, how would that be addressed or does it cause an issue?

there are euro models that have hill assist, but not in the US.

The new Civic will be offered with three engine options: a 1.4 l i-VTEC petrol unit, a 1.8 l i-VTEC petrol unit and a 2.2 l i-DTEC diesel unit. All the engines are combined with a 6-speed manual gearbox, ECO Assist, and Idle Stop. They are also equipped with Hill Start Assist.

A member just contacted competition clutches to verify the fitment from the 8th gen.

not sure how much the 06 manifold differs from the rrc or rbc...

from another thread -
I would get the rrc since it's got bigger inlet and longer runners than the rbc. But, yea, I spoke with full-race and they said that both would work..but it's not a direct bolt on as you'll need to modify the intake tube since the rrc sits higher than the plastic manifold on the k24z7
I'd contact Full-Race and see how much modification is needed ^^, or if it's worth waiting on a dedicated manifold specifically for the 9th. I've not seen any companies talk about them yet.

I heard in order to install the rrc or rbc manifolds. You need to install 8th civic injectors. You also need 8th civic injector plugs to splice in.

I wouldn't do it until flashpro and the turbo are out.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I heard in order to install the rrc or rbc manifolds. You need to install 8th civic injectors. You also need 8th civic injector plugs to splice in.

Yeah that's correct. The stock 9th injectors dont fit the ports and the injectors you need will have to be spliced in. I have a friend who has RDX injectors and the RRC manifold waiting to be installed.....everyone is waiting for flashpro to come out

I heard this:

You need a pipe plug for the water hole in the top of the manifold.
The DBW wiring needs to be shifted to reach the TB, we took the plastic wire loom off to have more slack in the wires.
A few hoses need to be lengthened and a T fitting for the brake booster and the other line next to it need to be T together.
Water jacked can be used the way it is but using a dremel to get it more open to the TSX flange is better. We used 09 TSX P2r gasket on the head and also a 06 si gasket 64mm on the TB.
The TB bolts need to be about a 1/2" shorter and that is about it.

Here's what it looks like installed on the current tsx:

RRCENGINE.jpg

I would only go through the hassle if I was doing the turbo. Id do it all in one shot. Turbo, injectors, intake manifold, exhaust, flash pro, tune, 12.5 1/4 mile. Lol

I would only go through the hassle if I was doing the turbo. Id do it all in one shot. Turbo, injectors, intake manifold, exhaust, flash pro, tune, 12.5 1/4 mile. Lol

Also going to need an aftermarket fuel pump

That's what I'm waiting for, I have an rbc manifold and aem fuel rail test mounted on a z7 on the floor of our shop right now. I'm just waiting for flashpro to come out so I can tune it after.

4130 Fabrication has installed a RBC IM with 2006+ fuel system on a 2012 Si.
225190_394559777265679_1379639313_n.jpg

Yeah! This is their (4130 Fabrication) description:
And they said it couldn't be done. Rbc intake on Harry sparks 2012 civic Si little welding and there you have it. Harry installed this last night and it is working just fine. Got to get back to the dyno to see the hp gain. Good job Harry.

It seems like it took a lot of work.

Back