inventory levels for Si sedan?

Paul

Does anyone know what the inventory levels are for the new si sedans?
i bought one like 3 weeks ago at Toronto Honda, but it looks like i'll have to wait till at least January or even February for it to arrive at the dealer from the factory. Is anyone else in the same situation? Should I try a different dealer?

You're not alone. People had orders take a few months easily.

I only see one SI sedan within 250km of you -
http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Honda/Civic/PEMBROKE/Ontario/5_12220047_ON20090606100152953/
edit / my bad...that search brought up a 2011 for some reason. So there are zero 2012's within 250km of you.

Honda has had too many disruptions with production. - Japan Quake & Current Thailand Flooding. Their production is way way down because they can't get the parts they need.
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/h...ion-by-half-due-to-flooding-in-thailand.2916/

thanks for the info! i want my civic now! lol

hmm this might be selfish of me, but do you think I can get some sort of compensation for the wait? like free accessories or service credits?? hmmmmmm

I bet that you could. I consider myself extremely lucky because I drove 15 minutes down the road and they were unloading a '12 TW Si Sedan off of a truck, and by the end of the day I was the proud new owner. Considering the fact that they are so limited, the price is tough to negotiate, however I was able to get OEM Honda Splash Guards and an OEM Honda Moon Roof Visor for free through the dealership that I bought it at. Only stipulation was that they did not have them in stock so they overnight shipped them to me and I had to install them myself... With that being said it is definitely worth asking!

if you pay msrp for the car, they have at least room do something like that (if they feel like being nice). Unfortunately, everyone else is in the same boat of waiting...

Ya, the Thai flooding definitely didn't help anything. The plant had overtime scheduled but its all cancelled now, parts are starting to flow in so production is starting to stabilize a little. Barrie honda had two grey ones a few weeks ago, I'm not sure if they are still there or not.

I work there and waiting for a 12 civic si sedan too.

welcome to 9th.. are you looking for a specific color, or the first one the dealership gets?

toronto area, but he works for honda, so I'm guessing he can view dates

welcome to 9th.. are you looking for a specific color, or the first one the dealership gets?
Usually, most Honda dealerships do a trade for colour for colour, like say if Midtown Honda for example had a Taffeta White 9th gen Si sedan and a customer wanted a Polished Metal Metallic and apparently Barrie Honda had the Polish Metal Metallic 9th Gen Si sedan and if there is no where else to get a PMM usually the dealership will just do the trade colour for colour. But when I got my 9th gen Si it came straight from the Alliston, On. Honda Plant so it only had about 8KMs.

Yup, I'm in Canada. I work at the Alliston, Ontario plant.

We make the civic 4dr and 2dr, Acura MDX, ZDX and CRV. We're the only plant in north america that makes the 2Dr civic.

Back