Is the last 20% worth it, or alternately, is the juice worth the squeeze?

CivicCanuck

North
Vehicle Model
Civic
A theoretical question to everyone here on their take. If it would take more money and say 60% more effort to go 'all in' would you?

I will weigh in on this later, just want to hear from other people's perspectives. :D

I guess it depends on what's at stake. I handle some situations more conservatively than others. Me being north of 40 may have something to do with that answer.

Always worth it to do it properly. Well if its something I'm into anyway. For example I hate washing the cars if I know I cant get a full detail, short of polishing, done in the time I have. Id rather put in the work and get to a full wax job and hit the tires and trim or just leave it dirty. I cant stand to half *** it.

I'd say, I'm a do it right type person, and if it takes all my effort then so be it. Same goes with the money, which has to be taken into account before even starting.

I basically assess how much time I want to invest in the given situation and do the best I can with that time. For example, I like fixing computers (it is my job). If I need to spend 8 hours on a laptop to do it perfectly thats what ill do. I hate yard work. When my grass needs mowed ill spend a couple of hours on it and do the best I can but I wont spend all day on it. And as far as more money, to me its only money. If its worth it to me then ill do it. If not I wont.

Last edited:
It depends on the its value, and how everything else compares to it. Prioritization dictates what I do every day.

I usually have several opportunities. Some will get maximum attention, and others will get less.

I take my best guess and run with it.

It just doesnt make sense economically to take everything to 100% if theres diminished returns for the work/money you put in.

I'm not gonna buy a car for 30k, and then spend 15k to make it 30% better at the track. I'd need another 50% to justify that extra cost. But i'm poor and young, so I'm probably biased

Back