Issues on my 15’ sedan

Reaper

Hello everyone, I have come across a few issues on my 9th gen that id really like to resolve. One of the first things I noticed after getting the car a few months ago was that when I got on the throttle in first doing pulls, my car won’t go into 2nd gear if my rpm’s are over 5-5.5k, the clutch petal is pretty “hard” compared to any other cars I’ve driven, it’s constant all throughout and when I release even just a tiny bit it starts wanting to go, not sure if it’s related but putting it out there just in case. Along with that, recently my car started shaking while going highway speeds, anywhere from 50-75 mph. May i add this car has been daily driven, and I mean daily as the tac currently reads over 155k. I’ve gotten it aligned and had some wheel studs replaced due to being previously cut, and asked the techs to inspect and see if they could find anything but nothing was found, I’ll also ad that this started happening a week or so after my first tire rotation with this car, the wheels don’t look bent or damaged from what I can tell, so I’m not sure if it’s that. Im debating on taking it to a Honda dealer to get it inspected but I don’t want to be hit with those extremely high fees so I’d really appreciate any help to try and solve this on my own, thank you in advance for anyone willing to help.

I don’t know when you changed your manual trans fluid last (or what brand you used), but I would start with changing the fluid with Honda genuine mtf. Other brands have tested to be significantly worse in lab analysis.

Most also say there is a huge difference with a clutch delay valve removal.

Can you swap your rear tires to the front to test the “shaking” issue? It could be difference in tire tread on the fronts, it could be wheel weights being out of balance... a bunch of things. The easiest test would be swapping the rears up to the front to see if it changes.

I don’t know when you changed your manual trans fluid last (or what brand you used), but I would start with changing the fluid with Honda genuine mtf. Other brands have tested to be significantly worse in lab analysis.

Most also say there is a huge difference with a clutch delay valve removal.

Can you swap your rear tires to the front to test the “shaking” issue? It could be difference in tire tread on the fronts, it could be wheel weights being out of balance... a bunch of things. The easiest test would be swapping the rears up to the front to see if it changes.
That’s actually what I was thinking of doing also, I did forget to mention that my wheels were a little in balanced and I took it in to get them balanced for free after the fact. But that’s the first thing I’m doing tomorrow morning to see if it helps

has the clutch pedal been adjusted?

and also maybe time to replace front drive shaft

Back