Jackson Racing Supercharger R18 9TH gen?

so you would be the man to ask @Nix , I heard the Si injectors work with the R18, its a direct swap, if that's the case, would the accord's K24 injectors work too? the reason I ask is because they are pretty inexpensive if you shop around.... thanks!

Well since you have the MT, which is a huge advantage I would say you should really go with the Jackson TrackPack setup. You'll be able to get around 240hp max. I would stay away from "inexpensive" turbo kits as they tend to need a lot of work, fabrication, and end up costing more in the long run.

With just bolt-ons I have seen NA R18's make just over 150whp. That was on an MT car with an aggressive custom cam as well. Hitting the 150's is possible but that's really about it without custom parts. One of the big bottlenecks is the intake manifold. Weapon-R did make an IM for the 06-11 cars that should fit yours but it was hard to find and pretty expensive at around $500.

My recommendation: Buy the Jackson Track kit and be done with a simple setup that works. Supporting mods like the IM and a nice "down pipe/header" should put you in the mid 200's but again, you are going to be looking at $5k easy.

Thanks Nix. 150 with bolt-ons might be the best economical idea.

I will do my best to take pictures i always forget but the rumors are true it is not a direct bolt-on there is custom work to be done especially with the previously stated issue with the crash bar i had to shave off a good amount for the intercooler, i thought of getting a thinner or shorter intercooler but i just figured this car will most likely never be daily-ed again so structure of this part isn't as important to me as someone who will daily it.

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how much custom fab is needed to make the kit fit.

Quite a bit...i've been on and off with the build for quite a while and its still not done. I only get around to it maybe 2-3 times a week with an hours time max cause of work but it is not direct bolt on. Sucks waiting on parts to be custom made/welded, but I'm hoping it will be done and tuned by april-ish

Quite a bit...i've been on and off with the build for quite a while and its still not done. I only get around to it maybe 2-3 times a week with an hours time max cause of work but it is not direct bolt on. Sucks waiting on parts to be custom made/welded, but I'm hoping it will be done and tuned by april-ish
Anything specific you can comment on working or not working well so far?

intercooler doesn't fit, piping is wrong diameter for throttle body, injectors are different from the 8th gens, alternator bracket is wrong for the unit and i think the engines in the 8th gens sat lower than our 9th gens because i mounted unit with a custom alternator bracket and stopped hood from closing

Oh man, that sucks. I'm surprised there is that much different. I thought for sure there would be a couple issues with piping maybe.

Sorry to hear that Jake, but kudos for trying... You are the man! I'm sorry it had to be like this tho, hang in there buddy! :1:

intercooler doesn't fit, piping is wrong diameter for throttle body, injectors are different from the 8th gens, alternator bracket is wrong for the unit and i think the engines in the 8th gens sat lower than our 9th gens because i mounted unit with a custom alternator bracket and stopped hood from closing

Any progress Jake? I know you said you were aiming for April but just wondering what other hiccups you've come across and if its still looking possible.

Back