JasonAndre's 2014 Taffeta White Si Sedan w/Navigation

Well according to my dealer, Si's will be getting superchargers in 2015 or 2016. Maybe that will be the incentive for you :)
lol thats one reason i thought to wait too lol. maybe by the time my loan is up they may have a new body style coming out or they have something better. i would love if they brought the civic hatch back. i really love a hatch especially that type r they just came out with.

When I'm on a slight incline, which there are many around my residence, the car doesn't roll backwards anymore once I take my foot off of the brake while the car is on. Instead, it just sits there as though it were level. I can't find any mention of it on Honda's website or in any manual, but it's very obvious there's something different with this model.

When I'm on a slight incline, which there are many around my residence, the car doesn't roll backwards anymore once I take my foot off of the brake while the car is on. Instead, it just sits there as though it were level. I can't find any mention of it on Honda's website or in any manual, but it's very obvious there's something different with this model.

Here is an article that talks about all the changes in the '14. In the safety section, it mentions brake assist. I'm guessing that's it.

http://www.honda.com/newsandviews/article.aspx?id=7469-en

Here is an article that talks about all the changes in the '14. In the safety section, it mentions brake assist. I'm guessing that's it.

http://www.honda.com/newsandviews/article.aspx?id=7469-en
Actually, Brake Assist is in the manual:

"Designed to assist the driver by generating greater braking force when you depress the brake pedal hard during emergency braking."

That's not this though. I'd almost call it "Hill Assist", if that's even the term for it. I know Subarus have it on their manual transmissions where it essentially keeps the brakes depressed for up to three seconds, making the shift into first gear on an incline easier without worrying about rolling into someone behind you. I'm assuming Honda has incorporated the same thing into the new Civic, just can't find any documentation on it.

Last edited:
Actually, Brake Assist is in the manual:

"Designed to assist the driver by generating greater braking force when you depress the brake pedal hard during emergency braking."

That's not this though. I'd almost call it "Hill Assist", if that's even the term for it. I know Subarus have it on their manual transmissions where it essentially keeps the brakes depressed for up to three seconds, making the shift into first gear on an incline easier without worrying about rolling into someone behind you. I'm assuming Honda has incorporated the same thing into the new Civic, just can't find any documentation on it.

My 09 sti had hill assist and it was probably the worst feature...... It made starting on a hill much more finicky.

It does take some getting used to, but I actually find it more relaxing. Makes me forget I'm driving a manual. But I'm old, so...

Reactions: Nix
Push button start is really convenient, although it takes a bit of getting used to.
@jasonandre are you getting used to the proximity key yet? For the 30 years that I've been driving I've always used a key to start the car and turn the car off. It's such a habit. I keep gesturing to grab the key from the ignition when I park the car forgetting about the push button! :rotfl:

@jasonandre are you getting used to the proximity key yet?
Actually, I am. It didn't take very long to learn the habit of simply leaving the fob in my pocket all the time.
Just tell yourself to push the start/stop button when you go to grab the keys, then always lock the doors with the outside door handle. That way you eventually learn to never grab the "keys" ever again.

Last edited:
and now there is some sort of hill- or brake-assist when you're taking off from a stop. Essentially, the car doesn't roll back anymore when letting go of the brake.
I was intrigued by this and almost didn't believe what I was reading so I tried it just now in my driveway when I got home from the gym.
It's really true! Lol
When you're on an incline and you let your foot off of the brake the car holds the brakes on for a second or so! What a neat idea!
Wonder how the car does that?

Our Civics have been drive-by-wire since 2006, so I assume that the ECU keeps the brakes engaged for a few seconds even after you take your foot off the pedal.

Back