JAYBLS' 2012 CBP Si Sedan

it looks good.... like it could come stock that way

For all two of you following this thread, just as I finished installing the down pipe, this showed up. The timing was divine.

D01D6BC1-C518-42E2-8415-F61B73598D6D-4835-000003EA07C66C15.jpg

Just realized I'd better not start installing this RBC since I don't have the intake yet and the stock unit probably won't stretch 14mm.

so many builds are going to be amazing in no time

Did the RBC come with the proper hardware and other pieces like the air assist valve, fuel rail, MAP sensor, etc?

I'm reusing all the stock stuff. It comes with the necessary hardware and hoses. It's a 100% bolt on affair if you have at least a 3" intake. PRL provides everything you need to bolt this on to your K24Z7. I feel like this should go without saying, but FlashPro will be an absolute necessity with this kit. I have my FlashPro with a VitViper base map ready to start data logging so he can get working on a tune, but I have to wait for my Greddy Momentum intake. It's the first thing I ordered out of all these parts and it'll be the last thing to arrive. I'll never buy anything from Pit Crew Motorsports again.

Last edited:
Yeah. The stock ECU won't be able to handle the ZDX throttle body. Why didn't you get them from WSCP? They price match.

And how would you be able to make the Greddy intake connect to the ZDX? The ZDX's o.d. is like 3.25"! :omg:

Nvmn, u did mention something about changing up the Greddy intake.

ZDX throttle body inlet is 78mm inner diameter, which is equal to 3.07". That's 3", for all intents and purposes. I'm using a 3" silicone coupler to couple the Greddy Intake and the ZDX throttle body. If it appears to be advantageous to opt for a 3.5" intake, I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. The Hybrid Racing 8th gen 3.5" CAI has MAP sensor piece that I could use with silicone tubing to fit to the Greddy intake box. I doubt that'll be necessary though.

The inner dia is 78mm but the outer dia is close to 3.25". The MAP sensor actually goes on the intake manifold. I think you're talking about the AIT sensor.

Oh okay. Well, I haven't gotten that far yet. I'll take a picture of how the MAP sensor is (or isn't) mated to the RBC when I install it on Friday. As far as I know, this should be a straight-forward, bolt on deal. If it's not, I'm sure I'll figure something out. Working on a Honda is cake.

The inner dia is 78mm but the outer dia is close to 3.25". The MAP sensor actually goes on the intake manifold. I think you're talking about the AIT sensor.

PRL Motorsports said:
Looks great steve!

for those of you doing the ZDX throttle body, one of steve's questions was about the extra sensor on top of the throttle body. that just gets left unplugged. The ZDX has the map sensor on the throttle body, where as the 9th gen and the RBC is mounted to the intake manifold. the ZDX comes with the map sensor installed, so it needs left in there to plug the hole or else it would have a vacuum leak. so yeah, just leave it in there unplugged. you'll install your stock map sensor into the rbc manifold and plug the blue 3 pin connector into that.

^from another forum.

Last edited:
Oh nice. I didn't know that at all.

Nice. You made it fit with a bit of a stretch. I see the map sensor now.

Yup. It wasn't the easiest thing I've ever done, but it certainly wasn't the hardest either. It probably only took about 3 minutes, but it pissed me off so it felt more like 10.

Just wanna say first, awesome build, I'm subscribed.
But I wanted to ask, how are the cable bushings from corsport? I heard bad things like they don't fit or work right, and I wanted to confirm with someone that actually had them instead of just believing those speculators. So how are they for you? Did you experience any problems?

If I had to do it over again, I wouldn't get them. They're next to impossible to install and even harder to uninstall once you realize they're not that great and don't do anything to fix the slack in the shifter. They just make it harder to move the shifter side to side, that's literally all they do. I went and felt a stock shifter on a '13 Si the other day and it made me wish I hadn't installed the corsport bushings even more than I already did.

Cliffs notes: Corsport shifter cable bushings are garbage.

Last edited:
Back