JAYBLS' 2012 CBP Si Sedan

If I had to do it over again, I wouldn't get them. They're next to impossible to install and even harder to uninstall once you realize they're not that great and don't do anything to fix the slack in the shifter. They just make it harder to move the shifter side to side, that's literally all they do. I went and felt a stock shifter on a '13 Si the other day and it made me wish I hadn't installed the corsport bushings even more than I already did.

Cliffs notes: Corsport shifter cable bushings are garbage.

so is yo face!!! I have question,are you using tb oem gasket?? if not I assume metal to metal contact with tb plate??

have any picture of the tb back side??

Last edited:
It's just full of "what's the best (insert totally subjective thing here) I can do to my car?" kinds of threads. There are so many people on there that have NO CLUE about anything automotive related. It's really frustrating. This site has a couple, but it's nowhere near as bad.

Anyway, installed the cat back. It's the dual muffler with 4" rolled tip. It's SUPER quiet with the stock down pipe on there. I haven't driven it yet, but revving it in the driveway, it was maybe a decibel louder than the stock exhaust. Here's a couple shitty iPhone pics.

00FD12F0-2083-494F-81EC-2E8FA61CC6BF-4835-00000385D5114024.jpg

262801C4-4D24-41AA-9751-7F03C273F7F9-4835-00000385D26EA73A.jpg

603FA13F-49ED-4E37-8370-3B67A8CB7176-4835-00000385CF7E0C48.jpg

By the way, I wanted to add this little story: so I left all the wrapping on it during installation so as not to scratch it up too much. When I was all done, I was removing the wrapping and found that the bubble wrap around the tip had a sticker that said "3.5 inch stainless" or some such. I let out an incredibly loud expletive and proceeded to call Ultimate Racing to figure out what could be done. I told him the whole situation and he informed me that they sometimes use bubble wrap that has a random sticker on it so just measure it to make sure. I measured it and felt stupid when I saw that it was indeed 4 inches. The guy I talked to was very polite and courteous. I felt like I should let everyone know that I had a very positive experience with the customer service from UR.

ha!!!!!! you muffler is off center just like mine,i bent my tip/hanger to straighten it.. also there is drone with secondary muffler..

Last edited:
I don't have any drone. It's close to as quiet as stock at light throttle.

I'm using the OEM Honda throttle body gasket. It came with the PRL kit. There's no paper gasket between the TB adapter plate and the RBC, just that rubber o-ring. No metal to metal contact anywhere.

ha!!!!!! you muffler is off center just like mine,i bent my tip/hanger to straighten it.. also there is drone with secondary muffler..
Maybe your secondary muffler is rattling against something since you bent your hanger, causing the drone.

I don't have any drone. It's close to as quiet as stock at light throttle.

I'm using the OEM Honda throttle body gasket. It came with the PRL kit. There's no paper gasket between the TB adapter plate and the RBC, just that rubber o-ring. No metal to metal contact anywhere.
yeah i just got done talking to prl about that..

I have LED DRLs and I love them, they have a slightly blue hue to them, which I like.
What intake did you get?

It looks great! When is the intake coming?

Greddy Momentum. Should be here any minute. Once it gets here I just need to install it, put some coolant in it, and upload the Vit base map and start data logging. If I wasn't so hung over, I'd be super excited right now.

I can't wait to see the whole thing! Are you going to delete the resonator?

No, resonator is staying. If I were going to take it out, I might as well have gotten a cold air intake.

So, I cut the silicone tube too short. I'm using the coupler that came with the Greddy intake for now until I get another silicone tube. It's not pretty, but it runs. I'm anxious to see how this thing is going to perform once the tune is all dialed in. I'll post a picture later.

I drove it and I can attest to the noise. It sounds better than stock without being appreciably louder. I would have liked an oval tip, similar to stock, but it isn't my car. The tone is a good deal deeper than stock. It will be interesting to hear what it does over 5000 RPM. I R EXCITE!

Still getting tuned, so I haven't gotten to rev it passed 5500rpm. It does feel pretty good at half throttle between 3000 & 5000rpm. I can tell it just wants to GO. From what I've been reading about the resonator delete, it seems like it'd just make it louder and there wouldn't really be any performance gains. It's loud enough as it is under acceleration, and I definitely don't want to be able to hear it when I'm cruising. I'm just gonna leave it on there. If there was a way to fit some OEM Honda air box and intake tube on there and make it look stock, I would. If Honda would've given this car 250hp from the factory, I probably wouldn't have done any performance mods at all, but 200hp is just not enough for a 2900lb car.

Think about this, though: the J37 throttle body and RBC manifold were already in production. Honda could have easily put them on this car and probably squeezed another 30hp or so out of the Z7, even with the cats on there. So, we could've easily had a 230hp Civic Si from the dealership with the same fuel economy, reliability, and quiet ride of a totally stock Honda. That sure would've been nice. I don't get why Honda refuses to make engines that make power.

424DFCC7-0868-49BF-B58B-9DD260272BC6-987-000000A084D9E89A.jpg

You can see where the 3" silicone tube was cut too short so I had to use the silicone reduced supplied with the intake for now. The new 3" silicone tube has been ordered and will most likely be here this week.

Other than the silicone and polished aluminum tubes, it looks like it's all supposed to be there. There isn't a whole lot that screams "AFTERMARKET!" under the hood. I really like how it all came together. The smell of coolant is annoying, but that should go away soon.

Back