jnastii's build thread

hey do u have a picture of where the roof spoiler and roof touches? I want to see how much taller the spoiler is than the roof. If you can get some pictures of the side where it mounts on the window. Thanks

yea ill try to take some tomorrow/

DSC_0026edit.jpg

Sup man, have seen you over on the other site too. First congrats on ROTM, car is lookin dope, and am lovin the MB rims, super sicc. i was lookin through your build thread here, and saw you were runnin on Skunk2 springs before your coilovers. I am interested in a set of springs right now (finances being the issue, or i would go coilovers myself). I know there are a set of Eibachs out now for the 9th, and i've heard sportlines are about to be out for the 9th, but were the skunk2's for the 8th? any problems with the install for them? and saw the drop was 2", did that turn out to be a problem in any way? am just curious. I am not sure that an inch drop from the eibach pro kit is going to give me the drop i want, but dunno if 2" might be too much. i dont have 18" rims that i would be rocking, would still rock my stock 17"s which could help that situation. Thanks man, and sorry for the book, haha.

Sup man, have seen you over on the other site too. First congrats on ROTM, car is lookin dope, and am lovin the MB rims, super sicc. i was lookin through your build thread here, and saw you were runnin on Skunk2 springs before your coilovers. I am interested in a set of springs right now (finances being the issue, or i would go coilovers myself). I know there are a set of Eibachs out now for the 9th, and i've heard sportlines are about to be out for the 9th, but were the skunk2's for the 8th? any problems with the install for them? and saw the drop was 2", did that turn out to be a problem in any way? am just curious. I am not sure that an inch drop from the eibach pro kit is going to give me the drop i want, but dunno if 2" might be too much. i dont have 18" rims that i would be rocking, would still rock my stock 17"s which could help that situation. Thanks man, and sorry for the book, haha.

i never installed coils. coils is not going on the car till next season. so all the pics is with the 2' drop.
the skunk2 install wasnt bad at all about hour for all 4 sides. u just have to buy that top insolator like they said.
and the drop is perfect for me. not too aggresive. i love it! and with the 17's its actuallly alil lower. but if u dont want 2 aggresive then u might want to think bout the eibachs.

I'm dropping mines on skunk2 tomorrow on stock 16's, post pics ^.^
16's is too small for me. i actually think the 17s is too small too. thats why i try to stick with the 18's it covers more of the wheels gaps side to side wise!

The size of the actual tire is identical in size from a 16, 17, 18, 19" etc... You're just reducing the size of the tire sidewall as you go up in wheel size. That is, unless you're upsizing your wheels and purposely altering the tire size...which will throw off your speedometer & odometer.

Think of it like donuts. Think of putting 4 identical sized donuts in a row on a table. Cut a 16" hole out of the center of the first. Cut a 17" hole out of the 2nd...up to 19" cut out of the 4th. The donuts are all still the same size, but the 19 has smaller edges than the 16" one. Same principal on upsizing wheels. When you don't keep that stock size, you're screwing with your speedo & odometer.

i never installed coils. coils is not going on the car till next season. so all the pics is with the 2' drop.
the skunk2 install wasnt bad at all about hour for all 4 sides. u just have to buy that top insolator like they said.
and the drop is perfect for me. not too aggresive. i love it! and with the 17's its actuallly alil lower. but if u dont want 2 aggresive then u might want to think bout the eibachs.
Cool man, thanks for the feedback.

The drop isn't as aggressive. The fronts have no basically no wheel gap from a side view but the rears have probably an inch and 1/2? Somewhere like that, rides a little stiffer than OEM, but what isn't, overall, feels great being low again. Gonna gonna slam next year. Here are some crappy iPhone pics that can't really show the drop lol View attachment 5745View attachment 5750

When did you chop those four pillars off of the front bumper? It hasn't warped down since has it?
im chopped it off to fit my automatic plates. that flip up and down. but unfortunately it still didnt fit right.
i chopped it off and it was shaved down by a body shop that painted and shaved my front bumpers when i got it done.
and its been the same way since then

It looks tight either way. If you got a link for the "automatic license plate" wouldn't mind seein what that's all about lol

Back