Joe's Super Clean R18 Build Thread - March '14 & 15' ROTM Winner

has anyone had a tpms replaced? Cost?

just got the warning today and all tires are at the correct psi. Its been consistently on the entire day.

i think the battery died on one of them. thought they'd last longer..had the car since Sept 2011 46kmiles

qujadapy.jpg

I had them done by the dealer for around $100 per wheel when I got my new wheels. I know they tried to charge me something ridiculous at first but once I complained they lowered it immediately.

I also had a local tire shop replace one that was leaking while getting new tires and they did it for $75, parts and labor.

I had them done by the dealer for around $100 per wheel when I got my new wheels. I know they tried to charge me something ridiculous at first but once I complained they lowered it immediately.

I also had a local tire shop replace one that was leaking while getting new tires and they did it for $75, parts and labor.

Thanks @Twitch! had a local tire shop determine that the driver's side rear tpms was bad.

They wanted $225 to replace it, said they only install their own parts so I couldn't bring my own sensors either.

already sounded overpriced so I passed...not like I was doing all four sensors

yeah..

I plan on going to another tire shop to double check if it is indeed my driver's side rear.

I can buy a sensor online for $15 and have it swapped in at another local shop for $20 (dismount and mount one tire). Firestone quoted $20 over the phone to reset the sensor. Total for the job shouldn't cost more than $75 as @Twitch mentioned.

Sweet ride man. My dealer charged me $138 for a new sensor install and programming. Those prices sound about right for Cali! Have you looked into somewhere that has Schrader EZ Sensors that can just clone your dead one's signal?

Thanks @JakeDBP, I've gone through many phases with this car and it's come a long way.

Is the EZ sensor like some sort of DIY tpms?

I think I'd rather go oem since my other 3 are also factory.

It's an OEM replacement- tire shops can "clone" the signal to match the dead one so your car doesn't have to be reprogrammed. I went with an OEM one since Pepboys broke it off and it was on their dime!

So my local tire guy didn't charge me anything for the tpms swap..

Went to Firestone, sparked a conversation with the guy at the counter who had a modified accord and reset the one sensor free of charge.

So all in all, I only paid for a $15 sensor :D

Last edited:
Car belongs to my younger brother, but there's some of my input in the build too. Kind of our camping/road trip/weekend car.

He ran over some large object that fell off a truck on the highway one night. Bent two wheels and could no longer hold air.

Spent a day at Yosemite during Labor Day Weekend. Here's a video of the scenic drive from the entrance to the trailhead. The video was quite long so I sped it up..

Last edited:
anyone running the ez streets and still able to get a finger gap in the rear? I'm at max height and the rear is still tucking..

would the oem spring fit on the aftermarket spring perch? thoughts? looking to add some height in the rear..

Back