K&N drop in with p2r throttle body spacer on si.

In terms of hp gain, the tb spacer won't do much. It's more of a $100ish engine bling. The drop in filter gives a better air flow compared to the stock filter.

I have the k&n filter already installed and I love it got a bit more mpg too and it sounds pretty nice when I give the car gas. Was really looking for if adding the p2r spacer to it was worth it as its only 80 bucks.

You're not going to see/feel any real gains there. You'd see more by doing the resonator delete

Resonator delete > P2R spacer. Lol.

IM and TB thermal gaskets are much better than the P2R spacer.

Last edited:
No, the spacer does nothing for what it is worth.

The thermal gaskets are all you'll need. Adding an extra 1" thick aluminum for performance makes no sense.

Also any cons to removing the resonator? Do I lose anything?

You can hydro-lock your motor if you run over a very deep puddle you will also lose the quietness of the intake system. That's the only downsides with deleting the resonator.

No, the spacer does nothing for what it is worth.

The thermal gaskets are all you'll need. Adding an extra 1" thick aluminum for performance makes no sense.

Would I just need one gasket? Any diys on this or is it pretty self explanatory?

One gasket for the throttle body and one gasket for the intake manifold. That should cost you around $70-$80. The tb is held on with two bolts and two nuts. The IM is a little tougher to remove, but it's doable with basic tools. It's also held on with a few bolts. You can use a flat blade to remove the residue that the stock paper gaskets leave out.

With the 2012 having a plastic type intake manifold, I don't really know how much of a difference you'd get with an intake gasket. Now those who get the rrc or rbc manifold... then you're dealing with metal on metal contact.

I believe the IM is half composite and the runners are made of aluminum.

I believe the IM is half composite and the runners are made of aluminum.
True but the heat isn't going to sink all the way through the plastic to the aluminum...and if it does, I don't think a gasket will do much to stop it

Back