Ling Ling's Build Thread (SiRacerGrl & Wanga's Si)

Lol yep me and Wanga are married. We met through 8th lol

Once the nice weather comes again I'm sure there will be more updates. Most of the HFP parts don't come out until Dec anyway

Ah, I know you guys, you have that youtube video. So now that you've had the car for a while, can you be a bit more specific, do you like it? Does it really feel that cheap? The more I look at the coupe, the more I like it. Btw, is second gear grind gone? I put my 09 back to stock and it was still there :(

Ah, I know you guys, you have that youtube video. So now that you've had the car for a while, can you be a bit more specific, do you like it? Does it really feel that cheap? The more I look at the coupe, the more I like it. Btw, is second gear grind gone? I put my 09 back to stock and it was still there :(
Yep. We gave it to Webby to post up on behalf of the forum. Now that my husband and I have had the car for a while, it still hasn't worn off on us in terms of fun factor and quality of the ride/car itself. I have NO regrets of buying this car. I know I may sound like I am comparing apples to oranges here but we HATED our Accord by this long into owning it. Having the 9th is like the love me and my husband had for the 8th and I can honestly say, fills the void our 8ths left when we sold them. It offers the same fun, slightly better responsiveness and a lot more electronic goodies that the 8th didn't have. I love how some of the 8th items will fit on the 9th like the trunk tray, floor mats and a couple other things here and there. Honda did a FANTASTIC job on the new transmission. Its smooth and there are no issues with any of the gears unlike the 3rd gear in the 8th Si and the 2nd in the R18s.

The extra play in the steering is something I quickly adjusted to and you can feel the increase in torque although I got used to the monster the Accord was so if you are transitioning from a higher torque car, you won't feel it as much. The installation of the HFP kit is so much better than the 8th IMO and I like how it's only 2 small pieces for the front and then again for the back. They make a huge difference for something so small. Interior wise, at first I thought it was cheap looking and honestly to a degree it still feels like it but it's not as bad as many make it out to be. The only thing I prefer from the 8th over the 9th is the seats. The 9th seats don't hug you as much as the last gen's did. They did this to make it more practical since the Si appeals to everyone from grannys to young'ns.

One thing I like about the 9th is that the blind spot from the A pillar isn't as bad as it used to be. The addition of that little window behind the side mirrors help although at first will screw with your head a bit. The sleeker, more curved lines of the car help with that too. A big complaint I hear from people, people who don't even own the car mind you :giggle: , is that it only redlines to 7k as opposed to 8k. BIG FRIGGIN DEAL! You hardly notice the difference and honestly, who's going to be redlining the car on a daily basis? Not to mention it's typical of a k24 engine to only go to 7k. Bigger isn't always better but people have that small penis complex join and have to have the biggest of something to compensate for what they don't have lol. Anything I might have left out that you wanted to know? It's been a long day and I'm only running on 2 cylinders.

No, that's what I was looking for -- I need a car with bluetooth and the 9th isn't a compromise...all I need to seal the deal. Only thing on my mind is that some people are telling me to go for the sedan, and I have to decide quickly in terms of which I prefer.

Good luck with whichever one you choose. I'm sure you will love it. Sedans are more practical for most people but I love the sporty appeal of the coupes. Do what makes YOU happy not others:thumbsup:

well, they said no hfp kit for the sedans (if that is of any concern to you).. otherwise it's a matter of needing 2 extra doors?

^ if that chinese body kit comes stateside, that problem is solved.

p.s. I'm not into flash or body kits, but I feel like the car looks that much better with the kits.

Back