Local Autocross

Nice run! I'd say that's pretty frickin' good for a car you're not familiar with. Slayed it.

So, what's your take on the Miata? No? Meh? Great? I know you've driven a ton of stuff and drive really well. Your opinion holds quite a bit of weight.

Nice run! I'd say that's pretty frickin' good for a car you're not familiar with. Slayed it.

So, what's your take on the Miata? No? Meh? Great? I know you've driven a ton of stuff and drive really well. Your opinion holds quite a bit of weight.

I'd autox older Miatas for fun, but I wouldn't buy one, only Miata I would buy is a ND RF. The older ones in ES trim aren't much and very rolly polly with their stock springs, also just about all of them don't have ABS which is a major learning curve, the supercharged one I drove didn't and I locked up the brakes on 3 of my runs.

Co driving a mildly prepped 350z in STU this coming Saturday (making 300whp, and has coils and 265 nexens all around) so that should be fun, I'll post the videos here too.

He’s gotta bring that new car up an beat the local guys at their own game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New car? :confused:

I'm kidding. I know he got something new. Just don't want to spoil it lol

Well ****, didn’t even see the notification for the thread.

Have a 2016 FRS, running D street this year with a very basic setup (front swaybar, muffler delete, wheels/tires + alignment) so I can get seat time and put away parts to set up for SCCA’s solo spec coupe class next year.

https://www.scca.com/pages/solo-spec-class

But overall I’m doing well, placed 2nd at the Charlotte match tour and won 1 free tire (bfg contingency) and doing more national events this year, possibly nationals.

Best day 2 run from the match tour, 22nd in the index out of 220is drivers on a national level.

View: https://youtu.be/ut8EokDBD9g

Best most recent run from day 2 of a big local event, day 1 was a **** up on my part

View: https://youtu.be/jnUPGb2bBLM

You going to make any appearances up my way this year?

Probably later in the year, might skip nationals this year so I can acquire all of the parts for my SSC setup next year. If BMC pulls their heads out of their asses and makes the loftland cup pax based I’ll definitely be there.

Probably later in the year, might skip nationals this year so I can acquire all of the parts for my SSC setup next year. If BMC pulls their heads out of their asses and makes the loftland cup pax based I’ll definitely be there.

Can’t make any guarantees on that. I imagine that’s up to Duke. Though I don’t think most of your competition is running with us this year.

Can’t make any guarantees on that. I imagine that’s up to Duke. Though I don’t think most of your competition is running with us this year.

Duke’s for making it pax based.

Later in the year with nationals over more philly region drivers will show up, now with national events going on it’s less likely.

Duke’s for making it pax based.

Later in the year with nationals over more philly region drivers will show up, now with national events going on it’s less likely.

True. My pax adjustment this year is virtually nothing since I’m in SM with the civic.

Couldn't quite squeak out a 1st place finish. Was up against more seasoned drivers with 3x the power i have. Still not bad though considering I purposely placed myself in a class above where I should be.

Back