Looking for a wheel. Very particular.....

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
VIP Member
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
Hey everyone,

I know this might seem an odd thing to post but, I'm looking for something in particular. I figure I have a few ideas of my own but maybe someone can suggest something I haven't seen or thought of.

I'm looking for new wheels for my wifes car. I have a pretty good idea of what I'm going to get already but.....

Id like to find an 18x9 between +35 and +40 offset in gold. Max offset is +35. I would like to stay under +45 and +40 is ideal. They have to be available in Gold. Hoping to keep the budget at less than $2000 for the wheels and I would ideally like them to weigh less than 20lbs each and preferably in the 17/18lb range. I would consider an 18x8.5 but not a 9.5 width.

I don't want to have to paint/powdercoat unless they are an unbelievable deal. I know the $2k budget cuts out a lot of rays/volk wheels.

Let me know what you've got!

Current contenders are Advan RG3, Advan RG-D & RC3, and possibly the Enkei RPF1.

I would seriously go with the RG3 or RG-D if you want 18x9, although you will be pushing right at that 2k budget. I believe the RPF1 only comes in gold in 8.5 which dramatically changes the lip on those. If you want to order those Advans or Enkeis I can get you some really good deals on them brand new!

Reactions: Nix
Indeed, the Advans are at the top of the budget for price. It shouldn't matter that much but color is important, hahaha. Thanks for the heads up on the wheel deal. I may hit you up closer to purchase time. I know the RPF1 would have to be 9" and its too bad about their limited colors. I could get them powder coated. The price on the Enkei definitely leaves enough room to do so.

Why do they have to be gold?:confused: You could snatch used set of RPFs which gives you plenty of money left for powder coating and tires.

Why do they have to be gold?
got something against gold?

snm9Uas.jpg

Yeah I'm not a big fan of gold wheels wanna fight?:box: :wink1:

Usually silver and white looks good on most cars.

What is your timeframe for purchasing? I have a set of 17x9 +45 silver RPF1s that may be up for sale shortly if you're interested in 17s and that would certainly leave plenty of room to have them powdercoated.

Reactions: Nix
Tempting but gotta be 18's. I think the +45 might be an issue on our cars as well. There is not much clearance on the inside with the x9 +45 on the 06-11 cars. I could run a spacer but I've already done the fender work to fit the +35. I appreciate the offer though.

What is your timeframe for purchasing? I have a set of 17x9 +45 silver RPF1s that may be up for sale shortly if you're interested in 17s and that would certainly leave plenty of room to have them powdercoated.
I'm guessing they're 5x114.3?

Yeah, we have the 527s on the car currently. They aren't bad, just heavy. Trying to find something a bit lighter. I think they came in right around 25 or 27lbs each.

Thanks for the suggestions! I will look at both of those.

To be honest I think it's gonna be the RPF1's and get them powder coated. Waiting on a local place to get back to me on if they're taking wheels or not at the moment. I'd like to get the RGIII but I have to get tires as well.

To be honest I think it's gonna be the RPF1's and get them powder coated. Waiting on a local place to get back to me on if they're taking wheels or not at the moment. I'd like to get the RGIII but I have to get tires as well.
Boring...unless the color is outrageous.

Back