Mel’s FG3

supadupaozil

32228103-C17E-45C6-9B94-629CD5EFBFDE.jpeg Hey everyone my name is Mel. Proud owner of this 2014 Civic LX Coupe in taffeta white. Bought it 2 years ago with less than 30k miles. Was excited for my purchase as I ended up getting the car for a good price and because it’s the first car that I can say I own. I originally was trying to buy a 2006 is300, a clean rsx, or a 8th gen si (9th was out my budget), but I couldn’t hold off on getting a car so I went with this lovely beauty

The car currently has close to 45k miles, still is pretty low! It’s my daily so the miles keep going up. I have done a couple of mods to the car, but ultimately as it is an auto I’m not going to invest any money on an exhaust, hondata, etc.

I just absolutely love this car and Hondas! Dad used to own a CRX, a si, etc. It’s in my blood haha.

Here is a photo from the day I bought my car.

Edit: going to add my mod list here

● HPS Short ram intake

**WHEELS:
16X7 SPARCO ASSETTO GARA WHITE

Exterior Modifcations:
JDM Red Honda "H" Emblems
● G35 Reverse LED headlights
● iJDMTOY I love JDM License Plate (adds +10HP haha

Interior Modifications:
JDM Red Honda "H" steering wheel emblem
● Custom Coverking Mesh Red/Black sides (front only)
● Interior lights (stolen-need to be replaced)
Thinkware F50 Dash Cam

Last edited:
A few photos of some work done to the car. Check out my mod list above if interested :)
The day I got my intake installed. Had a mutual install this who does mechanical work on the side. Did it for free :D

He told me the install for this was tougher than he thought, as he installed his intake in his accord just fine but told me the civic was more tricky.

Fun mod, it's not too loud, but enough which you know I am passing by. I like it, and for the price I got it I am happy. Before purchasing one I spoke to a JDM shop and the manager let me know I would not get much power gains (+5HP max), so I knew going into this my car would not benefit much power. I had someone tell me I likely lost some power, which I notice when I accelerate on the highway. IMG_2310.JPG

Another post about previous work I did to the car, interior lights I got from Amazon. Was happy with them for $14, took a couple of mins to install, but made the car interior a lot nicer! Sadly I got into a accident late in 2018 and my interior lights were no where to be found :( we think that they went missing then when the accident happened, or someone at the auto shop took them. Plan to replace them soon though :)IMG_3538.JPG

Yea someone took them. That’s f’d up. $14 but still is be pissed.

I did a cheap set of accent lights on my car and I love them. Multiple colors and lighting options that are Bluetooth accessible. Why not?

Yea someone took them. That’s f’d up. $14 but still is be pissed.

I did a cheap set of accent lights on my car and I love them. Multiple colors and lighting options that are Bluetooth accessible. Why not?
Your telling me! My dad was like yup someone jacked them from the auto shop. I’m glad I didn’t get those OEM lights that are much more costly. It’s worth grabbing a pair it’s cheap and the Bluetooth is my favorite feature as well. Need to grab another set off Amazon.

B7FDEDAC-230F-4E88-BE78-C45E1F4EC4BB.jpeg 79CA9DBB-7B9D-4D5F-B4D0-8C1C66165A6B.jpeg AC16B96A-88D7-4A12-855C-5B95D3DFDDEA.jpeg A few weeks before my birthday I got myself a early gift and get my first ever set of wheels. They are Sparcos and are excellent. Got them installed at Costco which was cheaper than the other shops in the area. Really like the white on white.

Only problem? Keeping white wheels clean! :banghead:

almost look like my daylight koing wheels which I have 8 of them, lightest cheap wheels and strong also do to have 12 thin spokes:eyebrows: I do like the stock honda si wheels-first time that happened on any car I had-very strong and just a bit over weight and they do look nice also.:paper: Beware of potholes and curbs:shadyhat: I usually prefer black wheels.

It is a pain, but those look great! Now you just need a subtle drop to close up that fender gap and you'll be cooking! The white coupes do look really good...

:lildevil:beware of people who drop the car from stock heights, the roads here are very poor, some of them and dropped cars do not work well at all-often the springs are not very good. I have zero interest in dropped cars and will never buy another one, but sometimes the rear is higher than the front as in the stock srt-4 those were lousy too. Just think , it gets very expensive going to the shop for wheel ali all the time. sway bars yes, strut braces yes. Broken parts flying off no.

Back