Mel’s FG3

almost look like my daylight koing wheels which I have 8 of them, lightest cheap wheels and strong also do to have 12 thin spokes:eyebrows: I do like the stock honda si wheels-first time that happened on any car I had-very strong and just a bit over weight and they do look nice also.:paper: Beware of potholes and curbs:shadyhat: I usually prefer black wheels.
I was originally going to get Koing wheels, I only heard good things! They are cheap and strong, the Sparcos at the time were cheaper so I went with them. Love these wheels and I was looking for stock si wheels, but these caught my eye. Black wheels are next :thumbsup:

Oh the potholes and curbs, my work commute is full of them! The min I see them I switch lanes, I let those who have hubcaps deal with them :tongue:

It is a pain, but those look great! Now you just need a subtle drop to close up that fender gap and you'll be cooking! The white coupes do look really good...

I plan to hopefully lower, maybe after winter? I am a little worried with having my car dropped with snow, if you have advice on that let me know. I think I would be okay as the DMV area are winters are not too rough.
I am looking at these currently:

https://www.autoanything.com/suspension-systems/tein-s-tech-lowering-springs
https://www.autoanything.com/suspension-systems/eibach-sportline-lowering-springs

The white coupes for 9th gen look so damn good. Especially when you drive off :thumbsup:

I am more excited to invest some money into si mods when the time comes. I am still going to get some stuff for my little guy for the time being. I am one of those people who believes in not investing in any engine performance mods (ex: exhaust, hondata, turbo) for a r18 auto. Plenty of people do that, more power to them if it makes you happy. I personally bought this car for comfort, connivence, and the great look of the coupe. Plus the price is great and I save money on gas.

I really wish Spec-D had headlights 2014 civic coupe! :(

The one thing I have to say is the coupe amount of mods is little for customizations compared to 9th gens sedans (at least for non-si/non engine performance mods). I really wanted some nice headlights to swap, but they all fit the 2012-2013 models. :oops:

Also I been thinking of ordering a ez lip the last year or so. I have seen so many mixed reviews about it on Amazon, but I have seen a lot of people on this site say its worth picking up. Really not sure. Don't want to spend too much on a lip.

I plan to hopefully lower, maybe after winter? I am a little worried with having my car dropped with snow, if you have advice on that let me know. I think I would be okay as the DMV area are winters are not too rough.
I am looking at these currently:

https://www.autoanything.com/suspension-systems/tein-s-tech-lowering-springs
https://www.autoanything.com/suspension-systems/eibach-sportline-lowering-springs

The white coupes for 9th gen look so damn good. Especially when you drive off [emoji106]
Tein are a great choice. I had truhart 2" lowering springs on my ex coupe in Colorado and it was perfect. Just depends how low you wanna go. They are generally cheaper than most other brands, but great quality in my experience.

Tein are a great choice. I had truhart 2" lowering springs on my ex coupe in Colorado and it was perfect. Just depends how low you wanna go. They are generally cheaper than most other brands, but great quality in my experience.

I don’t want to go too low as the roads here can be pretty rough with potholes but I heard Tein is good so I’m looking into it. I’m new to this so would I have to change anything or replace anything before lowering?

A company in my area is charging only a $100 for a tint job. :confused:

Really seems to good to be true.... saw it on Instagram and laughed because people kept commenting what’s the catch!

Probably your windows being messed after

A company in my area is charging only a $100 for a tint job. :confused:

Really seems to good to be true.... saw it on Instagram and laughed because people kept commenting what’s the catch!

Probably your windows being messed after
The type of tint. There are some tints you can buy in bulk very cheap, but they turn to a purple color after being exposed to sun. Ceramic tint and other more expensive tint will reject heat and light much more and stays “black” in color.

It's probably the brand of tint they use to get you in the door at that price. I believe I paid 350(6 year's ago) for my sedan and it went up to 500 for the polarized film.

I thought about tinting my car a while ago, going to hold off till my next car and save my money for that

It's probably the brand of tint they use to get you in the door at that price. I believe I paid 350(6 year's ago) for my sedan and it went up to 500 for the polarized film.

wow that is a lot, I was quoted about 275-475 in my area for tint on the coupe

I don’t want to go too low as the roads here can be pretty rough with potholes but I heard Tein is good so I’m looking into it. I’m new to this so would I have to change anything or replace anything before lowering?
The front will maintain camber when you drop, but you will want to look into rear camber arms (got spc brand on amazon for cheap, they're sold as dorman on there, good quality, but there are better options out there like truhart rear camber arms) so you aren't wearing out the inside of your tires when you lower the back. Most shops that will work on lowered cars will adjust your camber to your liking (cost me about $100 just for them to adjust rear camber and toe) but some places may charge more or less depending on the area.

So yeah, just account for the cost of rear camber arms and a good alignment as well as the cost of the lowering springs/coilovers when you look into the drop.

The front will maintain camber when you drop, but you will want to look into rear camber arms (got spc brand on amazon for cheap, they're sold as dorman on there, good quality, but there are better options out there like truhart rear camber arms) so you aren't wearing out the inside of your tires when you lower the back. Most shops that will work on lowered cars will adjust your camber to your liking (cost me about $100 just for them to adjust rear camber and toe) but some places may charge more or less depending on the area.

So yeah, just account for the cost of rear camber arms and a good alignment as well as the cost of the lowering springs/coilovers when you look into the drop.

Thanks for all the helpful info, will probably start looking into towards end of the year :coffee:

Back