MMA Talk

Rampage wants to fight Roy Nelson and "**** him up!". GL with that. Lol.

Nick Ring is pulled from the fight (maybe injured) against Uriah Hall. Josh Samman is taking Ring's place. I guess Uriah's dream will happen.
Untitled-3_crop_north.jpg

Uriah will CRUSH sammon! And I will be loving every minute of it!

Lol. Josh will be the dude with the red shorts in this vid. Uriah via KO due to spinning back kick on the liver.

I heard many things about the main event. I didn't see it. :(

Copy and paste of what I had to say over on 8th :giggle:

Weidman is still overrated to me. Anderson was able to defend most of his take downs, and for a guy with a relatively weak TDD like Anderson, to not be in much trouble in that regard said a lot. When on the ground Weidman wasn't able to do much.

Silva was embarrassing Weidman on their feet in the first round. Weidman won because Anderson ****** up. Got too ****y and it cost him. A rematch won't go that way.

This was VERY reminiscent of Serra and even more so with Overeem vs Big Foot.

I mean, Weidman won legitimally, but that was not the kind of battle you could really compare both fighters skills and say frankly Weidman outclassed Anderson.

I clearly saw the possibility of Anderson losing by being outgrappled, submitted or out scored by LNP, but finished by strikes initiated because of unsuccessful over clowning?

I was as unimpressed by Weidman tonight as I was AS. I wouldn't doubt if he loses his first title defense. To Vitor or Silva.

I personally love Anderson's style. It's part of what makes him so great and entertaining to watch. He ALWAYS drops his hands, to the degree that it's his stance. He dances around and brings his opponent's in to strike. Silva is a counter striker, and has used his style, while dangerous at times, to his advantage his whole career. It was bound to catch up with him. Every fighter has a little arrogance to him. How could you not after being so dominant?

He was among his ****iest against Bonnar and he doubled that last night. Round 1 was classic Anderson. Arrogant, but in a genius way. Round 2, he took it too far. The first time he "wasn't hurt", was the first time I said out loud, "He's taking this too lightly". He got caught with the same move less than a minute later. I'm not surprised that he had "antics", but I'm surprised that he did what he did in this fight. Weidman isn't Forrest and we all knew it. He did what he did against Forrest because Griffin was a limited puncher. Weidman is a strong striker and it was a factor even the fans took into account. So Anderson taking it for granted was the main shock.

I can't say Weidman didn't deserve to win last night, because he absolutely did. He was confident and truly wasn't scared by Silva like so many other opponents. I would like to see him defend his title first, before I'm ready to say that he is the real deal.

I just saw the fight. I don't know what was going on in Silva's mind. I think his game plan was to show boat during the first 3 rounds then win with a finish. But his stupidity costed him. Anyone can knockout Silva when he is show boating like that. The only one who actually stunned him was Chael Sonnen on their 1st fight. And that was a serious fight. Silva was probably upset bc someone who is still young (9-0) has a shot to fight him. Silva just didn't use his championship experiences at all. He went full retard. Congrats to Weidman for taking the title. But I would be very upset winning a title in that kind of fashion. I wouldn't call it a legitimate win.

I'm not sure how I feel about this yet. It seemed as if silva was relieved he didn't have to defend the belt anymore he's been so hyped to box Roy jones jr. I'm not gonna say he intentionally did it because I know a champion simply doesn't have that mind set but his head deff was elsewhere

It did seem like Silva had enough. But it would have been better for him to lose like a man. Not like what he did last night.

Mark Munoz was beasting in his fight. Those Donkey Kong punches were on par.

Back