Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

Morning. Really Smokey like there was a big fire last night. Hot and muggy already.

Morning. Really Smokey like there was a big fire last night. Hot and muggy already.

Oh wow. :eek:

It's been hot and muggy the past 3-4 weeks with no breaks :/

Edit: Well instead of the low 90's we are in the upper 80's this week

Mon: 89F
Tues: 88F
Wed: 89F
Thurs: 87F

Then Friday and through the weekend it's back in the low 90's

Fri: 91F
Sat: 93F
Sun: 91F
Mon: 92F
Tues: 92F
Wed: 90F
Thurs: 90F

I don't mind the warmer temps but the humidity and high dew points get ya.

Holy ****. That smoke was from that ship that caught on fire yesterday.

My girl has a friend that lives downtown and her window points right at that ship. Wild to see all that smoke coming off the water.

No, I want one, too. :)

Samesies. I actually had one I tried to install on a prior vehicle after the windshield was replaced, but couldn't get it mounted in a fashion that didn't vibrate excessively (And was far too poor to have it professionally done.) It was completely unusable, so I ended up going back to the stock one.

Last edited:
So college hills honda looked at that pic and said it appears stock.....[emoji58] If i thought it was stock i wouldnt have given you a pic of the part number...

That’s crazy expensive for that vile. Never heard of it.
They're recommendation is to add it every 10th oil change, so I'd argue that at ~ $10 a change it's not terrible. Especially if there's any truth to it's claims.

load of ****. snake oil.

Is that a response based on your professional opinion, or do you know something specifically about the product?

Ah. I thought it was a one time thing. Sounds cool. Need to check it out later.

any company charging $36 to see the contents of the testing, or only allowing access to their other test data by entering your email is a pile of crap. Companies have been making claims just like that product for decades. If you look at reviews, a bunch of people said they saw no gains in mpg, or felt/heard no change in the engine. Any test data worth .02 would come from blind independent testing from a 3rd party, or multiple 3rd parties.

They're recommendation is to add it every 10th oil change, so I'd argue that at ~ $10 a change it's not terrible. Especially if there's any truth to it's claims.

Is that a response based on your professional opinion, or do you know something specifically about the product?

im just going off of personal belief and the only good reviews on it are coming from people that dont know anything about engines. but using a guy in a lab coat and goggles makes people feel better about spending their money on poop.

any company charging $36 to see the contents of the testing, or only allowing access to their other test data by entering your email is a pile of crap. Companies have been making claims just like that product for decades. If you look at reviews, a bunch of people said they saw no gains in mpg, or felt/heard no change in the engine. Any test data worth .02 would come from blind independent testing from a 3rd party, or multiple 3rd parties.

im just going off of personal belief and the only good reviews on it are coming from people that dont know anything about engines. but using a guy in a lab coat and goggles makes people feel better about spending their money on poop.

Ah. There it is. They're charging for the testing results?? Eff that. I wholly agree. Any company worth their salts would, at the very least, provide the backing for their claims for free. They're basically asking you to pay for them to turn around and sell your data.

Reading is Fun week?
Reddit is Fun Week?
Rolling in Fun week?

maaaaan, I wish it was Reading is Fun week! :pout:

Reduction in (Work) Force :(

Although, I like how all of your guesses included fun.

@Honda-Fan - You know if you're safe yet?? I know how stressful the wait can be.

They're being ambiguous about it -- but there's a pretty good word that we'll know by the end of the week who gets to hang around. I'm guessing I'll know by Wednesday or Thursday. One good sign is that they sent me my benefits packet for this year -- so maybe that's a tip off? I dunno.

2020 Needs to chill out!

HOzH.gif

Back