Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

I have my '15 Accord EX-L V6 for my daily. :thumb: it's fine for my needs. I've had it for almost 3 years (Nov. 2017) and put around 40k miles on it. Only thing I added was the rear lip spoiler (from eBay) that actually is off the car now since the double sided tape (no-name brand) that came with it lost its adhesive.. so I need to order replacement double sided tape and reinstall it.

I'm also cheap and don't like spending money. I'm frugal :giggle:

I started to look at parts for the STi (flex fuel setup) but didn't want to put a ton of money into it (glad I didn't since now it's listed for sale lol).

im frugal too. i spend about a week looking at the same thing, putting it into the cart checking shipping amount, closing the window and doing it over again until i buy something.

Oooh good eyes!

Was trying to do some detective work on this, too -- but wasn't sure where in the piping the tomfoolery started.

Being a ricer myself, I know exactly the mindset that birthed that job.

200.gif

"I want to sound louder, but I don't want to use the probably included with this exhaust kit big N1 muffler because of the stigma. So I'll weld my stock muffler onto it as an automotive red herring so people think I'm still stock."

ALSO THOSE WELDS LOOK LIKE BOOGERS :eek:

bad part is that the back can doesn’t even look like it’s OEM. Prob the cheapest thing that the muffler shop had on hand.

I have my '15 Accord EX-L V6 for my daily. :thumb: it's fine for my needs. I've had it for almost 3 years (Nov. 2017) and put around 40k miles on it. Only thing I added was the rear lip spoiler (from eBay) that actually is off the car now since the double sided tape (no-name brand) that came with it lost its adhesive.. so I need to order replacement double sided tape and reinstall it.

I started to look at parts for the STi (flex fuel setup) but didn't want to put a ton of money into it (glad I didn't since now it's listed for sale lol).

maybe if you modded it you would have drove it more and it wouldn’t be for sale?

or just sell both cars, STi and Accord and get a decently fun car to drive everyday.

that’s what I’ve always been trying to do since I haven’t had the space and/or funds for 2 cars.

hence why am hoping the next car purchase will be Type R or something like it.

So there is guy in my hood that has a new Lambo Huracan Superlaggera. He 6 houses away from me but when he starts is up, it sounds like he is right next door.

Yesterday I finally saw him out on the road. He was slowing down to make a left and I waved to him and like a bad-***, he down shifted right as he was passing me.

I about broke my neck to look back, almost hit the curb and jizzled all in my pantalones all at the same time.

It was amazing! lol

im frugal too. i spend about a week looking at the same thing, putting it into the cart checking shipping amount, closing the window and doing it over again until i buy something.

I remove it from the cart and don't buy it lol

maybe if you modded it you would have drove it more and it wouldn’t be for sale?

or just sell both cars, STi and Accord and get a decently fun car to drive everyday.

that’s what I’ve always been trying to do since I haven’t had the space and/or funds for 2 cars.

hence why am hoping the next car purchase will be Type R or something like it.

I did mod the STi a bit (nothing crazy - exhaust/engine management/front lip/silver BBS wheels/interior pieces). I think even if I modded it more I wouldn't have drove it more.

The Accord has been paid off since I got it in Nov. 2017 (bought it used - it was 2 years old). Why sell it? I like it as a daily.

I have the funds for 2 cars but don't have a driveway/garage so I keep the STi elsewhere (secured area/lot). That makes it even harder to want to drive it as it's not at home. I'm done with a fun/weekend car.

Type R is totally not a daily vehicle to me. With the amount of work sites I go to during the week and amount of work equipment I put into the car... Yeah that's a hard pass from me. I forget what you exactly do but I thought at least before COVID you went to an office downtown or something. I forget.

So there is guy in my hood that has a new Lambo Huracan Superlaggera. He 6 houses away from me but when he starts is up, it sounds like he is right next door.

Yesterday I finally saw him out on the road. He was slowing down to make a left and I waved to him and like a bad-***, he down shifted right as he was passing me.

I about broke my neck to look back, almost hit the curb and jizzled all in my pantalones all at the same time.

It was amazing! lol

Damn! You livin' in a baller neighborhood. You need to step up your car game ;)

So here's what i could get pics of without getting a jack out. Tried to get a pic of the dp after realizing it's on the back of the engine, not the front (I'm used to that R18 life). I also snapped a pic of the front strut assembly and can't seem to find what this part number goes to. So if anyone has a clue how to find that, I'd be grateful.

Still gotta figure out how to upload a video to here since I'm not one to make videos usually so you guys can hear the car...if the volume is any good, lol.

But yeah, spent most of the day building planters for my wifes flower beds (still got 2 more to build at a later date). Stained to match the fence.
20200712_182127.jpg 20200712_182134.jpg 20200712_182208.jpg 20200712_182415.jpg

Attachments

• 20200712_180841.jpg
    20200712_180841.jpg
    7.2 MB · Views: 2
that exhaust is a mess. looks like the downpipe has been cut and welded. im guessing at least one cat has been deleted. you need a better pic to know for sure.

in canada or at least ontario its illegal to tamper with emissions devices like cats. so selling a car especially from a dealer is pretty bad.

I remove it from the cart and don't buy it lol

I did mod the STi a bit (nothing crazy - exhaust/engine management/front lip/silver BBS wheels/interior pieces). I think even if I modded it more I wouldn't have drove it more.

The Accord has been paid off since I got it in Nov. 2017 (bought it used - it was 2 years old). Why sell it? I like it as a daily.

I have the funds for 2 cars but don't have a driveway/garage so I keep the STi elsewhere (secured area/lot). That makes it even harder to want to drive it as it's not at home. I'm done with a fun/weekend car.

Type R is totally not a daily vehicle to me. With the amount of work sites I go to during the week and amount of work equipment I put into the car... Yeah that's a hard pass from me. I forget what you exactly do but I thought at least before COVID you went to an office downtown or something. I forget.

I was driving the Charlotte daily but since May of last year I got a new job and I work from home. I drive to the owners house to do check signings and pick up mail at the P.O. Box. It’s an 55 mile and one hour trip...one way.

Which seems like a lot....But the old commute was 20 miles, 40 mins one way. 5 days a week.

Damn! You livin' in a baller neighborhood. You need to step up your car game ;)

haha....baller, sure. It’s nice but not super baller. Dude man just has money for cars. I think they came from Cali. He has a lift in the garage and 2 new BMWs also(X5 and 340i).

that exhaust is a mess. looks like the downpipe has been cut and welded. im guessing at least one cat has been deleted. you need a better pic to know for sure.

in canada or at least ontario its illegal to tamper with emissions devices like cats. so selling a car especially from a dealer is pretty bad.
I'm gonna have to jack up the car one day and get better pics. But the more i look at it, the more it makes me want to find someone's used exhaust and dp and just get them on. At least I'll know that it's a system that's not hobbled together from scrap. Thanks for the advise and another more experienced set of eyes.

So here's what i could get pics of without getting a jack out. Tried to get a pic of the dp after realizing it's on the back of the engine, not the front (I'm used to that R18 life). I also snapped a pic of the front strut assembly and can't seem to find what this part number goes to. So if anyone has a clue how to find that, I'd be grateful.

Still gotta figure out how to upload a video to here since I'm not one to make videos usually so you guys can hear the car...if the volume is any good, lol.

But yeah, spent most of the day building planters for my wifes flower beds (still got 2 more to build at a later date). Stained to match the fence.
View attachment 61103 View attachment 61104 View attachment 61105 View attachment 61106
Confused on the strut part number.
The hfp coupe front struts-
9D7F9992-3914-469F-9D9D-FEFF2F2CA90B.jpeg

And the oem for 2014 sedan si-
——
——

EE758F86-9CDE-4591-B2BC-0CAB2C64E14E.jpeg

I can’t make out the full sticker on yours, but it doesn’t seem to follow either code

View attachment 61103 View attachment 61104 View attachment 61105 View attachment 61106

What's the flower on the left with the intertwined wooded stems in your planter?

I see TR7 on his but his is 51610 vs your picture saying it should be 51611-TR7. Hmmm

What's the flower on the left with the intertwined wooded stems in your planter?
They are hibiscus on either end. They are gorgeous when they're both bloomed out. My wife seen them at Lowe's one day and we bought them. They do quite well here in NC which surprised me.

I just emailed the pic of the strut to college hills honda. Maybe they can get me an answer from a dealer. Perhaos they have access to a bettersearch tool for the pn.

Damn! Bauer was up late or awake really early. #latenightposting

Morning :wave:

Back