Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

Hair stuff opened back up quite a while ago with a bunch of conditions. They made people wear masks, not sit in a waiting area (wait in your car with scheduled appointments & come in when the shop called or texted), sanitizing the chairs/area between people, and limiting how many could be inside the shop at a time. It seems like those same things could be applied in Canada to keep them open?

Hair stuff opened back up quite a while ago with a bunch of conditions. They made people wear masks, not sit in a waiting area (wait in your car with scheduled appointments & come in when the shop called or texted), sanitizing the chairs/area between people, and limiting how many could be inside the shop at a time. It seems like those same things could be applied in Canada to keep them open?
thats exactly what they were doing. Canada ( Ontario mostly ) seems to think closing small business will help keep transmission down, but keep big box stores open the entire time which had the highest rate of transmission was fine. im surprised there havent been riots. ever time they do a lock down my job slows down too so it effects most everyone in some way. also with the lock down comes no indoor dining. ive never said this before, but i actually envy america right now.

I love Texas.. we're wide open. Some businesses may ask you to wear a mask to be a patron but there are no mask requirements anymore and I've been going without one for a while now. Still have to wear one at work while talking to customers but that's more of a company policy now

I love Texas.. we're wide open. Some businesses may ask you to wear a mask to be a patron but there are no mask requirements anymore and I've been going without one for a while now. Still have to wear one at work while talking to customers but that's more of a company policy now
So, you are ok with potentially carrying the virus asymptomatically and spreading it to those who have yet to be vaccinated or can't get vaccinated for various, legitimate, medical reasons?

How would you feel if it could be traced to you that you that YOU were responsible for the transmission to someone that ended up dying or had lifelong complications due to your self-centeredness?

So, you are ok with potentially carrying the virus asymptomatically and spreading it to those who have yet to be vaccinated or can't get vaccinated for various, legitimate, medical reasons?
oh no, i didnt mean for this discussion to come up.

oh no, i didnt mean for this discussion to come up.
Why not?

This is an important discussion and people should be called out for their selfishness, ignorance, falling for propaganda, or any other dumb, science-denying standpoints.

Were not even 100% sure that vaccinated individuals cant carry and asymptomatically transmit the disease.

canada really messed up our vaccinations. im not sure if it was a shitty plan, lack of vaccines or both. right now only people 50 and older can get it, and thats mostly because theres a surplus of vaccines about to expire in a month. so we have vaccinated all our retirees and older people yet the young ones ( me, and my wife ) at 35 are unvaccinated risking our lives to try and support our economy because they keep shutting down the province. my wife has worked 6 weeks this year so far because apparently small businesses like hair salons are a real problem spreading covid ( sarcasm ).

the best part was when they almost gave police the power to stop any one randomly during the shut down to make sure people are doing essential stuff and nothing leisurely. then the government retracted this after most police refused to do that as its an abuse of power and freedom. so many small businesses have closed because of three shut downs now.

but hey, at least my dad is safe on his couch being retired and vaccinated.

man i thought Philly was messing up vaccine distribution

Why not?

This is an important discussion and people should be called out for their selfishness, ignorance, falling for propaganda, or any other dumb, science-denying standpoints.
I agree but I figured it would be like talking about trump on here. I think webby told me not to. Lol.

I agree but I figured it would be like talking about trump on here. I think webby told me not to. Lol.
@webby can chastise me and delete my posts if he wants.

I am just tired of the people that are so willfully ignorant and/or self-centered.

Especially when we (The US) is at a point where we are getting close to being able to return to normal.

However, that normal will never happen given the amount of people that are saying they refuse to get the vaccine according to recent polling.

How would you feel if it could be traced to you that you that YOU were responsible for the transmission to someone that ended up dying or had lifelong complications due to your self-centeredness?

@webby can chastise me and delete my posts if he wants.

I am just tired of the people that are so willfully ignorant and/or self-centered.

Especially when we (The US) is at a point where we are getting close to being able to return to normal.

However, that normal will never happen given the amount of people that are saying they refuse to get the vaccine according to recent polling.

Wow, I really hit a nerve with that post! But I can roll with it. Honestly, I don't view at as self centeredness for wanting to have things back to they were before. Carrying a virus asymptomatically is kind of a universal trait with any disease and you could pass it on and kill someone that way as well. Do I want people to die from this virus, absolutely not.. but do I want small businesses to go under and families of those business to suffer or lose the things they own because there are people out there that want to keep these mandates in place. Janzens wife only working 6 weeks so far this year is piss poor! How can you support a family with that? These mandates need to be lifted and loosened some. I don't see how that is willfully ignorant or self centered to want the government out of our lives and not controlling our lives. The government is so terrible at everything else, why would we trust that they know what they're doing to cure a virus? They did such a swell job with Ebola

Also, the normal will never happen so long as there are people that are willing/wanting to wear double masks for this false sense of saving a life somewhere all while being stuck inside and officials telling you that you can't have friends and family over. You can't tell me that you want this to continue or that you're happy with all of this.. But, I'll leave this be and we can have opposite views and move on with life.

false sense of saving a life
This little snippet speaks so much more than you seem to be capable of comprehending when it comes to the lives of those in the society around you.

You sound so much like a Republican politician focusing on the economics of the situation. (Or a Fox news drone)

How do you explain the US having nearly 19% of COVID deaths worldwide compared to only being just over 4% of the WORLD'S population?

Even if you take into account some countries under-reporting for various reasons, this is an alarming statistic and shows how bad the Republican (Trumpism) political propaganda machine has become.

Last edited:
This little snippet speaks so much more than you seem to be capable of comprehending when it comes to the lives of those in the society around you.

You sound so much like a Republican politician focusing on the economics of the situation. (Or a Fox news drone)

Why the need to insult intelligence? I'm able to comprehend what's going on, I'm just not influenced by fear mongers. We were told that this was a "two week to flatten the curve" and here we are a year later and nothing has really changed. But let's go ahead and shut the country down. Who gets to go to work? What do we leave open for people to have a life? The economy is a pretty important thing to keep stabilized, otherwise we will have more people without jobs and no way to provide for their family. I'd love to hear your side if you're capable of sharing without being insulting

Why the need to insult intelligence? I'm able to comprehend what's going on, I'm just not influenced by fear mongers. We were told that this was a "two week to flatten the curve" and here we are a year later and nothing has really changed. But let's go ahead and shut the country down. Who gets to go to work? What do we leave open for people to have a life? The economy is a pretty important thing to keep stabilized, otherwise we will have more people without jobs and no way to provide for their family. I'd love to hear your side if you're capable of sharing without being insulting
All you are doing is repeating misguided propaganda related talking points.

The economy will recover.

People will not come back from the dead or suddenly be cured of their lifelong medical issues from unnecessarily contracting COVID.

I'll just agree to disagree and we can move on. I wasn't trying to change your mind, just trying to provide my point of view

whid1.gif

I'll just agree to disagree and we can move on. I wasn't trying to change your mind, just trying to provide my point of view
I am never opposed to people trying to change my point of view though well-reasoned and thoughtful discussion/debate supported with substantiated facts.

Back